• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVLover

Alright guys/gals, I just thought I'd get my name out there. I'm a very very new member, I've never owned an MV but i saw a 1971 m35a2 deuce last week and fell in love. I started my research on the truck and found you guys, and I can't stop reading. I'm from Benton MS and I can't wait for the right deuce to come along.

Any tips on picking out a deuce would be greatly appreciated. My main problem is I don't know what to look for when buying. Do they have problem areas I need to check? Things of that sort.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to being a long term member of SS.

RodUSMC1962

Best bet is to let members in your area chime in to help you look at a few trucks to make a good decision on a purchase and read everything you can on this site. Good luck.

kawkev

Welcome and good luck with the search. Alot of good people here and plenty of info available. You may want to look into attending the La. Rally coming up in April. It's in Pontchatoula, La. and you can meet a few locals that can help.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

There are always a few things that can go wrong on a 40-year old truck, but if it cranks and moves, the most critical weak point is the brake system. After that, lights, tire condition, axle seals and rust. That said, they are fairly simple to repair or rebuild compared to a modern truck, luckily for me! Do a search for "deuce recovery" or "M35A2 recovery" and you'll get an idea of problems with unknown trucks and lists of spare parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks