• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another fontana question

Hawssie

I have a questions relating to Fontana. I have been to Barstow and drove home 2 different M936A2s out of there both 350 mile trips pulling my pick up on back with a tow bar and was successful. I did have to deal with changing a tire and dealing with flats, not working temp and fuel gauges, minor air leaks, non working headlights broken windshield, small stuff like that. I bring parts and tools for that stuff. I am looking forward in some ways with this next one as its only a M931A2 which is 17 thousand pounds lighter then the wrecker. But the problem is they say it doesnt run, no key. Does anyone know what kind of key switch they would be adapting/using for these trucks? I hope the no key was maybe why they listed it as a no start, as 10 other trucks with no keys were listed the same way as no start. I am not worried about getting around any keyed ignition. But what is the layout of the base like compared to Barstow? Barstow is really easy as they let you drive off and don't even stop you on the way out. They also let you pull over in the dirt area while in the base and check anything you want. There only concern seems to be getting you out of the lot holding area so the attendant can be freed up to help another buyer. How does Fontana compare with this? Since I hate working on stuff while someone is breathing down my neck, and they don't like or may not allow it either, and if its not a quick start up, I was hoping to be able to hook up the brakes with my engine driven compressor in the back of my truck and and slowly tow the big truck out with my F350 via tow bar to the closest place I can go over the truck. I am not talking about towing it any real distance. But I have no idea what Fontana is like. Is there any open area on the outside of the base where I can do my thing? And if it is something serious does anyone know of someone or somewhere I can park it until I can get it trucked off? When I bought this I was watching and bidding on 8 different trucks trying to get one. All the rest but this one were in Barstow and I somehow missed that this one was in Fontana, so it kinda screwed me up as far as not knowing what to expect. Any advice would be appreciated. http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=7302804

goodguyzy

Fontana is not a base its a truck center. Its like a grocery store parking lot. It says it has no key because no key is required. Ive worked on a truck for over an hour there you can pretty much do what you want, that's why stuff is getting stolen off trucks there. I would guess it has dead batteries. there is a tow company that does a lot of work there, just search Fontana, there are a lot of threads dealing with this. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks