• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 with up armored cab

Rifleman

Question, is G/L now starting to sell the M923A2 with the up armored cabs? The reason i ask is i have seen 2 or 3 of them lately setting at a local DRMO, G/L lot. I don't care about the armored cab at all, but i sure would like to have that truck for the nice AC system they already have installed on them.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few have slipped out but it looks like they were released by mistake. Armor is generally cut up for scrap and not released in a usable form.

Artisan

As much as I would absolutely LOVE an armored beast I know that
it would be impossible to keep them out of the hands of those whom
would use them in felonious ways. Bank Robbers, Terriorists, and idiots
then the spotlight would be on the MV hobby as a whole and THAT would
lead to a LOT of stuff eventually being shredded.

If there was a vetting process whereas you can never sell them and only
transfer ownership to those whom were vetted then that "might" work
but it will not stop them from being stolen and used for felonies.

The Frankentop w/ ROPS is not uparmored.

MtnSnow

I would bet they were NOT UpArmored maybe a "trainer" with fake armor or as some have mistakenly think the ROPS cab'd trucks are armored when in fact they are not.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not trainers, they were distributed to police service and were sold by the department on the website. I was surprised to see them. I was outbid or I would have had one of them. That will not happen again :)

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They had a couple buffalos and some up armored 5 tons at the Bragg location... Metric #@$& ton of up armored HMMWVs. All were slotted by DLA to go to the range, or sold with a strict requirement that they be destroyed before they're removed.

I'd love to get an up armored HMMWV...

The people complaining about 'for the children'.... Old armored cars are cheaper than 5 tons, and certainly cheaper than an up armored 5 ton.... and a lot more readily available... How many are used in robberies? Kinda like the assault weapons thing.. Why would a thug carry a thousand dollar rifle when a $100 throwaway gun is easier to conceal and he can get 10 for the same price as an AR.. It's big and scary and looks dangerous... Let's ban it.

TehTDK

Why would a thug carry a thousand dollar rifle when a $100 throwaway gun is easier to conceal and he can get 10 for the same price as an AR.. It's big and scary and looks dangerous... Let's ban it.
He could have stolen it instead of buying?. The guy that shot up Copenhagen a few months ago had stolen the gun from a national guardsman via home robbery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks