• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 800w amp/speaker install

nattieleather

Very Carefully?

All kidding aside. If your able to do what you have done already I would think you have the skill set to wire the amp up too. I'm not really sure what your asking exactly.

eagle4g63

Well.....the right way/short answer....you can't.

If you want to just "rig" a subwoofer in than yes just tie into the rca's you are using now.

The reason I say "can't" is your iPod doesn't have a dedicated sub out like a regular car radio. Subwoffers are suppose to only have to handle the low tones...thus the name "sub". If you just tie them in than they will be treated just like any other speaker and I don't think you will be happy at all with their performance.

IF you want to get a little more in depth with the sound system, than what you need to get is a cross over.....try to get one that has hi's, mid's, and low's....then you will want to hook the subs up to the low's....then you want some nice midrange speakers to hook to the mid's and some tweeters to hook to the hi's. To pull this off you will need amps to handle the 6 channels you will want. Of course all this is handled within a nice "standard" radio.....

eagle4g63

The thing you want to look at with regards to a car radio....most any of them sold now unless it is an el cheapo......is that it has sub out's......to get specific....look for 3 sets of RCA outputs on the rear of the radio.......should be labeled as "fronts, rears, subs" good radios will have 2 sub outs(left and right) some only have one which will still work on a pair of subs if using an amp. You will use the amp you have now(4 channel...front(right and left) rear(right and left)) then use a single channel amp for one sub or a 2 channel amp for 2 subs.

On another note if you look, you will find radios with input jacks(and or usb ports) these can be used to plug your iPod into and use it like a LARGE storage of music. Makes it nice so you don't have to carry around a bunch of CD's if you don't want to just listen to the radio.

nattieleather

I think a trip to the local car audio boom you ears off store would be your best bet. The nice thing is you have a blank canvas to work with in the M1009.

mcsteffensr

You can pick up a high powered Class d mono amp made specifically for subs for pretty cheap. a lot of the newer ones have low pass crossovers built in. some even have high power inputs as well as RCA inputs. the low pass crossovers built in will let you adjust the frequency range delivered to your subs. Happy Building!! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks