• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2nd Annual MV Show in Silver Lake Michigan Sept. 15th

67Beast

Well it's getting close to that time of year again for the Military Vehicle Show in Silver Lake Michigan. The Show is on saturday September 15th 2007. This will be the second year for this show and it just seams to be getting better and bigger. Plus vehicle entry is FREE! I meet several Steel Soldiers there last year including Armada, and BigMech and a few others. Armada's fine CUCV won 1st place in the Modern catagory last year. This show is part of a larger festival that includes the state BBQ cook off championships, classic car show, and craft vendors. Last years festival drew in 10,000 spectators. This show is right down the street from the Silver Lake Sand Dunes ORV park so if anyone wants to play with thier vehicles afterwards there is plenty to play in. Here is the link to the event info on it, http://www.davidallenracing.com/militaryshow.htm and to the registration page http://www.davidallenracing.com/show-registration.htm Some pics from last years show can be seen here, http://www.davidallenracing.com/militaryshow2006.htm

If anyone has any sugjestions, I'm open to hearing them as I am the committee chairperson in charge of the MV show. This show should make a great time for anyone who comes. As a point of referance, Silver lake on the Lake Michigan shoreline is 220 miles from Detriot, Chicago, and the Mackinac Bridge.

67Beast

I just wanted to bring some of this discusion over here so that it was all in one place about the Silver Lake Show.

A bunch of us really wanted to go to your show last year. If I remember right it conflicted with a MMMT show.. I will see what I can do about us convoying down.. The pics from last year looked like a good time..
That 20 acre camp site also sounds good..
citizensoldier wrote:
This brings up some questions I have about your show. Can we bring parts to sell? Or is it just a judging type car show? Is the GLMVPA involved ? What do you think about a MMMT display and sales tent? I am asking because your show was not mentioned at either organization to my knowledge.. But it was your first one last year..

Yes, you can bring parts to sell if you would like. Last year we advertised it as a Show and swap meet and only one guy brought anything to sell, so we left the swap meet part off the descriptions this year because we figured nobody wanted to bring stuff. As for the MMMT yes most definately they can bring thier stuff and sell out of thier tent. This event will be the only event this year for the Delta Company of GLMVPA. It's been listed on the GLMVPA events page for awhile now, and I just had it sent into MVM magizine.
Ok, thanks.. I did check the GLMVPA site and saw it on the events page.. I will pass the MMMT info on to the board and see what they decide to do.
I Checked all the dates and it should not be a problem. It is just before our fall trail ride but if my stuff is up and running I am going to try and make it.
I remember now for me last year.. I was scrambling trying to find a trans for my M109 that weekend so I could make the trail ride..
I will also try and get it put in the MMMT newsletter so non GLMVPA members will know about it.
Was it in MV mag last year? That should bring some guys up from other states.. Sound like it is growing fast!!

ida34

I wish I could go but Michigan football means work every Saturday is tied up. At least I will be making money but I would rather be going to the show.

67Beast

ida34 said:
I wish I could go but Michigan football means work every Saturday is tied up. At least I will be making money but I would rather be going to the show.
I just looked to see who they play that day, and it's the Irish! I'm sure with U of M's recent history with playing the Irish, you might be better off hiding that day. I'm sure it will turn into an ugly riot afterwards. :roll:

BTT

hummer4x4guy

I might be able to make it to the Silver Lake show! I have been there a few times to Silver Lake with my humvee and other Hummers and it is a fun place to play!

67Beast

Come on over it is shaping up into a nice show. Remeber vehicles displays are FREE and prizes will be awarded by the public's vote, not some stuffy old rivit counting judge. Free show registration is availble here; http://www.davidallenracing.com/show-registration.htm and event info here; http://www.davidallenracing.com/militaryshow.htm Plus I just heard back from the Marines of Alpha Co, 1st Bat, 24th Marines that they will be coming to help fundraise for a memorial scholarship for Brett Witteveen who was a local Alpha Co. Marine who was killed in action this past February. Plus they will march a color gaurd for opening ceramonies.

If anyone has any questions or sugjestions, please feel free to post them, as I'm the chairman in charge of the Military Show for the festival.

67Beast

jfnemt1ff1 said:
I plan on being their,sounds like fun
John
Don't be affraid either if you want to hang a for sale sign off of your truck while here. With a crowd last year of around 10,000 someone just might want to empty their pockets. Last year, a guy brought in an unrestored M37 on a trailer and was able to sell it to someone who caught "green fever" while walking the show. :D

Armada

Dave, unfortunately I will not be attending this year, I will be somewhere near the arctic circle at that time. I had a blast last year, from the show, to the BBQ, to the sand dunes. Good fun and great people. Michigans west coast is beautiful for those that have never been there. I will be there next year though, hopefully bringing a freshly restored 715 with me. You will have some competition..... :)

Armada

Hey Lane! Yeah, I haven't been on lately, been a lot of things going on here recently. Well, it's a hunting trip, and it is polar bear country, muskox and caribou too. Still want to go to Clare, refresh my memory on the date. Are you going? Any other SS members going?

67Beast

Paul, we'll miss having you here this year, but have fun in the artic. I look forward to seeing your 715 once it's done. I'll be at Clare this year with both trucks. The Clare show is Aug. 17-19.

Armada

Thanks Dave. As of now, that weekend is open for the Clare show. I may drive the duece up this year since I have finally finished it.

67Beast

It's getting closer, just about 6 weeks away. For anyone who's coming but wants to camp out, I have 20 acres just two minutes from the show site that would be open for anyone who would like to primitive camp. It has a nice open area with easy acess for larger vehicles. Plus maybe we could all convoy over to the show site together and make quite the entrance.

hummer4x4guy

I could be down for that and the camping and stuff.... just have to figure how long id be out on the road and when Id be home and stuff like that but Id really love to do that..
Joel

67Beast

For those that are planning on coming, please help me out by filling out an entry form so I can get started on making the info sheets that we pass out to hang in the windshields. This lets the people know what type of vehicle they are looking at and what number it is to vote on for the public voted awards. You can just PM to me here on SS or email them to me at davidallenracing@oceana.net Here is the info I need;

Name _______________________________________________________

Address _____________________________________________________

City _______________________________ State _______ Zip __________

Phone # ______________________________________________________

Vehicle Classification___________________________ Year ___________

Manufacturer _____________________ Vehicle Type ________________

For multiple vehicles, fill one form for each vehicle
Items in red are not listed for the public to see.

As an example the sign on my deuce would read;
Classification - M35a2
Year - 1967
Manufacturer - Kaiser Jeep
Vehicle Type - 2 1/2 Ton Cargo
Owner - Dave Schwarz

Attachments

67Beast

Well with Clare done and out of the way it is time to start to think about heading over to the Silver Lake Show on Sept 15th. Judging by the number of people who have responed it is shaping into being a very nice sized show. I know that Citizensoilder and possibly some of the northern clan are coming, Maxim, Bigmech, Ida (if he doesn't have to work) and several others are planning on making it over for this show. My big goal is to have 25 plus vehicles here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks