• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trip to Quantico Va

nickd

Willie and I took a day trip to the National Museum of the Marine Corps last Saturday in Triangle Va. We had a great time. Many visitors along with a company of USMC OCS recruits from the regular Marine Corps and ROTC third year college students. If you are in driving distance or in the Washington D.C area the museum is just off I95 and a great rest stop.We spent about 3 hours touring and I have a few pictures to share. Although there were many vehicle pictures on the walls there were no mighty mites or mules on desplay.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, great pics Nick! Thanks for sharing them here.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I stopped in this museum the day after the Aberdeen Rally - one of the most interesting aspects cannot be conveyed in photos - no matter how good they are. When visiting the Korean War Chosin Reservoir full-size diorama, it is uncomfortably cold, and the gunfire is rather loud. The Vietnam firebase Nick shows above is similarly loud - you enter the scene through a helicopter's door - and this area is unusually warm.

Very impressive.

My .02,
David Doyle

A few pictures I took of our trip to the museum today. If you're in the DC area, and have a few hours, it's definitely worth a trip.

Rather than start another identical thread, I'm just going to add my pics to this one.

Attachments

ralbelt

Thanks for sharing. Last month traveling north on 95 as we passed Quantico my wife said It would be nice to stop there on one of our trips. Next month we are heading south again, with a stop in Hampton, then further south, may be if the timing is right we can stop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks