• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CCKW owner

pfarber

Hello fellow Jimmy owners!

I'm scouring the net trying to find a good network of fellow owners to share info.

I gave up on cckw.org once Mr. Gopan stopped being a regular. And g503.com is not cckw-specific enough.

I've registered 43cckw.com as a start for my cckw info, no site yet, just the name.

Got a 43 open cab. Runs and in good shape. Will start restoration next year-ish after the jeep is done.

hippiedude

Nice choise A true Red White & Blue & Green all over truck........... Welcome........and get that jeep done..........its summer time...... hehe :beer:

FrankUSMC

I have had two CCKWs, a super 1942 closed cab one and a very rear air borne one with the correct bed. Once you start restoring it, PM me as I do still have some parts down here in the way. Plus some manuals also.
One of the few, Frank USMC Ret.

WW2Chevy

Hello fellow Jimmy owners!

I'm scouring the net trying to find a good network of fellow owners to share info.

I gave up on cckw.org once Mr. Gopan stopped being a regular. And g503.com is not cckw-specific enough.

I've registered 43cckw.com as a start for my cckw info, no site yet, just the name.

Got a 43 open cab. Runs and in good shape. Will start restoration next year-ish after the jeep is done.
Came across this post, while searching for something completely unrelated. My how things have changed!

waayfast

Welcome to SS!Well,Dang! ---I'm almost a CCKW owner! Kind of a long story but I may be going down to pick it up later today.Or maybe not(paper issues). 1943 353 wo/w, no bed,mostly just for parts:cry:---once I got it drug out of the bushes you could really see a BADLY abused (ie.swayback like a broke down horse!)frame.

swordmd

Do not just give up on other sites like cckw.org or ww2dodge's cckw page it has a lot of good people still on them. I love cckw's I have 4 now and am buying two more soon also have US6 and lots of dodges and trailers the only thing that keeps me from haveing more is tires add up quick!!

SasquatchSanta

IMHO CCKWs are right up there with the Willys Jeep in the "True Slice Of Americana" category.

After the war many CCKWs found their way up here into the North woods where they were used for logging. Over the years they were modified for logging and used extensively. They now set "spent" in the woods with trees growing through and around them. A friend has the remnants of several sitting in a meadow. If you get up close to one and put your hand on the grill and close your eyes you can almost hear the convoys and see the "Killroy" cartoon images and "Home Alive In 45" scribblings that our "boys" (now our grandfathers) decorated them with as they rolled across Europe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks