• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery choice

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Optimus are not what they used to be. A set of Group 31 refurbs from Interstate (>$50 ea) work well for me.

UNIMOG-GUY

If you have to get Optimas I would get the yellow top since they are a deep cycle and can be discharged/recharged more times than the red top.

Iceman3005

I bought two 1000cc parts master batterys from performance auto, they came with a five year warranty and they fit perfectly in the small slots that hold the battery from sliding around. The're about the exact same size as the original military batterys, but they have a lot more cold cranking power and the're a deep cycle!

rsh4364

Thanks for the input guys,currently running dual redtops but seems like front batt. overworked,especially after adding elect. fuel pump.Think Im gonna switch over to 12 volt starter system.I want to keep smaller batts. as I want to turbo it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks