• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tired of fighting the hood!

BBQROD

Hey Guys and Gals! I have been working on a hood lift setup that you can open with just one finger! That's right take your safety hooks off and push the middle latch with one finger and presto! it goes all the way up by itself.
even better I am going to include a cable tether so you can close it from the ground! To address any concerns the wind can blow it over a little but not down. it returns back to open as soon as it lets up. after opening it would be wise to hangon to the tether when raising it facing the wind you would not want to spring the hinges.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRW4bgybkM

http://youtu.be/KqRW4bgybkM[/URL]

If you would be interested in purchasing one of these please send me a PM. I am currently using PayPal.

And to the powers that be. sorry if i put this in the wrong section?! Just shoot me a PM and I will move it to the vendor section. Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great Idea !!!! you get a "ATTA BOY" on that one !! Did you thru BOLT it to the firewall and hood and what pistons did you use ? :beer:

TMNT

I like it. Saves getting boot prints all over the fender to open the hood. I guess you could use a short pole with a hook to grab it and pull it back down.

BBQROD

I'm selling the kits for the M35A2 for 140.00 and 60 of that is just the lift cylinders. the passenger side bolts on with the air cleaner bolts the driver side bolts on with the two upper steering column bolts. As soon as I get more measurements I can make the kit fit more models of trucks.

I'm currently working on the coming down part.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My hood has a handle on the front. To get it back down just clip a cord or something on the hood before you let it go up. BBQRod you nailed it with this one. I need this kit. PM sent.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm selling the kits for the M35A2 for 140.00 and 60 of that is just the lift cylinders. the passenger side bolts on with the air cleaner bolts the driver side bolts on with the two upper steering column bolts. As soon as I get more measurements I can make the kit fit more models of trucks.

I'm currently working on the coming down part.
do I understand your setup correctly; I wouldn't have to drill any new holes in my firewall to mount your kit?

BBQROD

That's right it uses all OE holes. You might have to have another wrench turner around to hold the other side of the bolts but that's it. My install on my truck was the proving grounds but the kits will be in primer and all bolts included. I'm thinking of including a small piece of cable to slide on the hook before you release the hood so it will be easier to bring down when your finished.

BBQROD

Vehicle updates will come as I get the chance to measure and fit other kits to them. This kit only fits the M35A2 and similar trucks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much pull is required to close it(from full open)?

Is there any chance wind could close it from full up?

Is the full up retention safety still usable?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Subscribed for reference later. Neat Idea. Need a lanyard or hook to pull it shut.
Any close up pictures of the attach points on firewall?
JC

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to edit your first thread and add a narrative of what the video is about. Just a video without a narrative is being frown upon by the moderators.

Besides that it looks like a great idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks