• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U 1300L I made it

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that my quest for the new U1300L was a success! The truck is a 87 Unimog 1300L with a OM 366A turbocharged diesel, I picked it up from the Unimog Center c/o George Bull. The truck was beautiful in the pictures he sent me and even better in person, it has very recently gone through a rebuild by the German Army, the engine, trans tires, paint, air dryer all have just under 1200 miles on them and the truck has about 21,000 total miles on it, I got all the bows and cargo cover in the deal also. I have been driving the truck about almost daily aned everything is exactly the way it should be, this week will be changing the engine oil and draining the hubs and diffs, then will come the transmission fluid change, of course the fuel filters are on that list also. So far I am beyond happy with the deal we put together and the truck is as good or better than I expected in every way. I would highly reccomend to anybody looking for a 1300 to give George a call, he was 100% honest to deal with, did everything he said that he would do for me and delivered all that he said he would! I really like this truck a lot and look forward to many years of driving it! And to those folks who volunteered to assist me on my journey in case I had any troubles thank you very much, the trip went off without a problem in any way!
Thanks again
Karl

IMG_20140410_120139_752.jpgIMG_20140410_120154_297.jpgIMG_20140410_120211_298.jpgIMG_20140410_120229_337.jpgIMG_20140410_120247_382.jpgIMG_20140410_120311_521.jpg

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Karl, that is definitely a fine looking truck! I know you are overjoyed to have it home. What's that brown coloration on the ground? I thought your ground was white all the time? :)

Bob

goat whisperer

Hi Karl... can´t believe u sold ur 404 :roll:
Anyway, congrats, the 1300 L is a nice vehicle, powerfull, easy to handle and fun to go offroad!
The last "real" Unimog... 8)

Bighurt

Looks good Karl, as always you make the rest...jealous.

One of these days you'll have to bring one of your toys to a meeting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks