• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts request from the Fontana Ca. bone yard.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone got a request? A pic would help. Parts prices are fair, but shipping is killer. I am more than happy to look for anything you want...I only have a small list, so i'll have time. I can just get pics and send them to you and pick it up at a later date if it is what you want, or if you have a specific item in mind and a max price you want to pay. I can do that too. Lemme know!

area52

If you could, please check on the prices for the 5 ton(800 series) cargo and wreckers. Not gonna buy right away but if the price is right.....

thanks

gbooth

I would sure like a set of front hubs. I want to De-spline a set for my truck but keep a good set if I ever need 6 wheel drive. I have corresponded with Gary B on this as he is making me some decals also.

Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
WillWagner said:
clinto, you beat me to it. I was gonna start a post for parts wanted right after the one prior to yours, but, I think that was when the new server went on line, all the forums were locked. There will most likely be step pins and how 'bout a complete extinguisher bkt?
Well, the only reason I don't want another bracket is that I already have one, it's just missing a clasp. I found it on eBay with about 6 minutes remaining and in my youthful zeal, neglected to notice it was missing it's clasp. And I hate to throw it away.

OK, here's my parts request:

I have a few very small requests and one medium sized request.........

A.
I need the little chain and thingamabobber that goes in the folding steps on the ft. bumper of a Deuce. See pic #1. I have made something out of a cotter pin and some chain for the step I have that didn't have it's correct stuff, but I'd like both of them to be correct and match.

B.
I need the little stainless steel clasp for a fire extinguisher bracket. See pics #2 & 3.

C.
This is the weird one. I'd like to have one of the bracket/posts that mounts the spotlight behind the driver's side of the cab on an M123. I have no idea what this is worth, but I don't think I'd pay more than about $50 for it........

Now, I know you guys are going out there to look for goodies for yourself, so if you don't wanna look for this stuff or pull it off....I won't be offended. If you do, I'd be happy to reimburse you for your time and effort, in addition to the cost of the part.

Thanks in advance,

Clinto

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about an alcohol evaporator jar, item #10 in the image below, mine is broken? It's plastic and wouldn't cost much to ship.

If they have loose parts, I'm always looking for circuit breakers and int/ext star washers.

I have a 757 wheel (no tire on it) paid for in San Diego, one day I'd like to arrange to have it picked up from the seller and moved to a, perhaps, more secure place. If any of you are coming from the San Diego area, perhaps it could be picked up and transferred to somebody in the LA area. Just a thought.

Thanks.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need one of the Tee pins for the folding front step as well if you can source more than one!

Dieselsmoke

Hey, if they have any M109 shop vans I could use a couple of the lenses for the 110v interior lights. Clear or the blue ones, don't matter to me.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, got a few items that are wanted,
Area 52, 800 series truck prices
ferro...Adam, gate steps and folding bumper steps
gbooth, front hubs..if they don't have any, I do
clinto and recovery, folding step pins
clinto, pole holder, ext. clip
canonninja, exh bracket on the cab...the one that mounts on the cowl, correct?
dieselsmoke109 int. 110vac light covers
cranetruck, assorted circuit breakers, star washers

Bjorn, I think there is a guy comming up from San Diego area. Maybe he could bring your wheel up and Gary or myself could store it.

Anyone else have a request? PM or call me if needed...626-840-1751

CanonNinja

its the bracket that mounts just below the passenger side windshield and angles out where the upper stack and j-pipe meet and bolt up. its a decently "thick" piece

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Star Washers

Wayne, McMasters does have star washers, but not hardened like the ones found on our vehicles/radio mounts etc.
I like McMasters for a lot of things, good quality parts, fast delivery and low low shipping charges.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
Bjorn, I think there is a guy comming up from San Diego area. Maybe he could bring your wheel up and Gary or myself could store it....
Thanks, keep me informed and I'll get the man's phone number so that the pick-up can be arranged. He is in Alpine zip 91901.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cranetruck will also answer to the name "Groundmaster". Sorry Bjorn, just had to! You bring up and interesting point on the hardened paint piercing washers. I tried to open one up a bit with the dermel a while back and it resisted mightily.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks