• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hotels for Rally

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am trying to get in contact with the Haspin folks. No luck with email, will try and call this week. The fee that we pay to get in the park will cover all the off-roading you can handle and on-site camping. They have bathroom and shower facilities there too. We'd be smellin a might bit funky after 2 nights in the woods [^] My wife probably wouldn't let me back in the house. I'll be in a sleeping back on a cot in the back of the Mog [:)]

Oldgrunt

A word to the wise, the showes at Haspin have alot to be desired. If you have a way to bring your own shower I would advise it. For some reason everone one that gets muddy thinks that you should take a shower with your cloths on, kills two birds with one stone as to speak. I did not see any local hotels in the town last year, its very small and out in the middle of no where.

wilson1010

hey guys I was looking for a Hotel to stay in during the rally
and thought maybe we can get a group rate any thoughts.
My $.02 for those who are looking for alternative to camping. The Hearthstone Restaurant is about a quarter mile east of Metamora, In. It is the best restaurant in proximity and has the best fried chicken dinner you will ever have. Its very casual (jeans and wife beater casual) and is worth going just for the food. Well, they have some cabins next door and although I've never stayed there, they look real nice. And, best of all, they have a parking lot that is big enough for my Volvo FE with Unimog on it, or a two Jeep trailer behind an F-250, etc.

There is nothing in Laurel, and very little elsewhere, so it is worth a look if you aren't gonna camp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks