• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 RearSeat modification options

stationjj

Hello,

I have owned a M1009 for almost 3 years now. I love my CUCV for my outdoor activities.

I have been doing some brain storming concerning the rear seat. I want some input.

I enjoy my outdoor activities. Most of the time I haul 2 humans and a few dogs. The dogs are 1 large breed (Lab) and maybe 2 small breed dogs.
Sometimes, I may haul a 3rd human.

A thought I have is to remove the rear bench seat and put in a single bucket seat in the rear. Then I have extra space for storage and dog bed.
I will need to create a mount for a rear bucket seat. I was thinking maybe a MRAP seat?

Not sure if anyone has done a modification like this? I am wanting some input.

Thank You,

stationjj

cucvrus

I done this for a guy. I stripped the OEM seat down to the bottom frame and cut the small spring work from the frame and used the grinder to clean the frame. I then welded flat bar from the front tube to the back tube for seat mounts. He also only want 1 rear seat. So I painted the frame and just put a bottom seat cushion on the right side. and mounted a full size bucket seat on the left side behind the driver. I was able to mount the frame and seat back in and use the same OEM bolts and the same seatbelts. And he could take that seat out and put the OEM one back in with no modification's. That will require you to have an extra M1009 rear seat or a civi rear seat to sacrifice. Both are around and can be bought very reasonable. Putting a bucket seat on the passenger side is fine but it cannot recline because of the spare tire.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks