• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre-Trip Inspections

DanDan

Hello All:

I just wanted to offer some assistance with regards to what you need to check on your vehicle (any vehicle) before you head out for a ride. There may be some regulatory differences between jurisdictions but here is the enforced standard from CVSA:

LEVEL I North American Standard Inspection – An inspection that includes examination of driver’s license; medical examiner’s certificate and Skill Performance Evaluation (SPE) Certificate (if applicable); alcohol and drugs; driver’s record of duty status as required; hours of service; seat belt; vehicle inspection report(s) (if applicable); brake systems; coupling devices; exhaust systems; frames; fuel systems; lighting devices (headlamps, tail lamps, stop lamps, turn signals and lamps/flags on projecting loads); securement of cargo; steering mechanisms; suspensions; tires; van and open-top trailer bodies; wheels, rims and hubs; windshield wipers; emergency exits and/or electrical cables and systems in engine and battery compartments (buses), and HM/DG requirements as applicable. HM/DG required inspection items will be inspected by certified HM/DG inspectors.

And remember this is the minimum.

Cheers,

Dan.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a pretty thorough list. Great list for a quick check, thank you. Good to see safety coming from a neighbour.

We, Alberta commercial folk, are required to perform a documented daily inspection if traveling beyond 160km from our home base.
Just to add to the list, Commercial always looks for a:

Fire extinguisher.....inspected monthly/ tagged, maintained by a pro yearly and documented.
First Aid Kit
Flares

........and I like to carry them because I often need a first aid kit after putting out the fire that caused me to break down.:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks