• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV / LMTV Battery Box Cover

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anything that is supposed to hold down the rear/inside of the battery box cover? There are the two latches in the front, but nothing holding the back down. Just wondering if something is missing on mine. Mine came with 6TAGM batteries which look practically brand new, and maybe those batteries fit differently too. The cover seems to be resting on the battery posts, but the front latches still close fine.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK that makes sense. I looked closer and can see the metal tabs that the metal slotted pieces on the cover will mate up with. Looks like my issue is clearance for one of the cables to miss one of the raised parts of the cover. I think I can flip the rear battery cable over, so the cable runs in front of the posts, instead of behind and see if it will clear it then.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ended up rotating the rear battery cable that links the two batteries together. It was installed with the cable running behind the posts, and I rotated it 180 so the cable runs in front of the posts. This gave it enough clearance for the recessed parts of the cover to clear the cable in the back and I had to readjust the front cable to clear part of the cover recess in the front. Finally the cover fits right.

Keep an eye on the latches. On mine they used short rivets that may pull out of the plastic easily. I had to fix one of them with longer rivets and washers on the backside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks