• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody ever won 2 auctions by accident??

mopar

So I won 2 LMTV M1079s by accident. One in Atlanta and one in Ft Drum. GL sent sent me an email telling my account was suspended after placing a bid. I called and they said it was all set so I bid on another truck(not the same one too many windows open GL chat email and auctions etc) and it turned out I won both. GL invoiced me for both I had thought the other bid wasn't any good because they suspended my account be cause the bid was big and I didn't have any bid history except for an $800 M1102 trailer in 2012. Well to make things worse had to tel the wife and she is flippin mad as we are in the process of by a house and I only had enough squirrel money for one(she would have been a little mad with one but she wouldn't have any money pulled from our savings accout so she would have gotten over that).
What a dilema and am kinda trying to save myself.

AnyoneKnow a David T in Kingston, RI He was looking for one of these. and I found a Uship and tried to contact him.

What would you do????? Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Bighurt

Sell the one further away.

For what you have into it and walk away with one and less stress.

Personally if you can swing the financial loss, recovering the truck and selling it with title and known condition will probably yield a better sale.

FrankUSMC

My record for winning by accident has been 9 extra M105 trailers. Back in the 1990s there were 11 M105 trailers at DRMO MCAS Cherry Point, NC. I wanted just one for my collection. I bided on all 11, hoping to win just one to take home. I bided low on all of them, and I won 10 out of the 11! I moved them to my farm, that was a lot of fun. A couple of years later a surplus dealer was at my place and he saw the trailers, he asked about them, I told him he could have them all for what I paid, I just wanted to keep one. He took the extra 9, and I was a happy camper.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Artisan

I had that happen to me, operator error it was. I immediately called GL and
explained to them why I eff'd up. They totally saw how it happened to me and
while he offered condolences I was not given a free pass. He asked me if I
wanted to default on the items on the spot and pay the fines. I said before I default
let me look into this further.

I started writing everyone I knew looking for
buyers and indeed I found a buyer, he got a smokin' deal, and I got out
from under a default. It was my fault BUT, indeed there are no instructions
and it could happen to anyone. Now I know exactly how it works.

Here was the deal, I was bidding on many "like" items. All of a sudden at
the end the items simply disappeared from my screen, I was really concerned
I did not even win one of them, because nothing popped up telling me I
was a winner, so I bid on two more. Well same happened but that is
how it works, it just disappears, you get no immediate notice of a win. Well now I know
how the end game works and I will not let it happen again.

Ship Happens

Gunzy

Yep, I bid on 2 Ford trucks at Hill AFB thinking the action would take one and leave me with one. Well, no one bid them up and I ended up with both. Fortunately the bids were low and I got a smoking deal on the 2. When I went to pick them up I found out they had been listed as F250s but were actually F350s, hence the low bids and it all worked to my advantage. This was just pure luck for me though.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was a GL newbie they had a huge lot of deuces out in Little Rock, AR. I put all of them on my watch list and when the bidding began I was in the thick of it. I had the trucks listed by choice and had fall back trucks to bid on if my primary truck went too high. Trucks kept dropping off the sale and I thought I was getting creamed. When the smoke cleared I had bought four trucks for 1000 bucks each. Back then you didn't have to pay until your EUC cleared so by the time it cleared I had the payment arranged. I ended up shipping two back and flat towing one with the other with another SS member following me in a deuce he had won from the same event.

mopar

I'll take the one from Atlanta for $6k :)
Thanks if the forfeiture fees for that one were that high or I was flush with cash I'd take you up on that offer but neither is one is true. Gonna have to go through and ride it out it seems like the best course of action and hopefully break close to even on one of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks