• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pyro and boost gauge hooked up!!!

Lee Alessi

i hooked it up....
pre turbo in the flange and the boost gauge to the npt fitting on the intake.
my ldt 465 1d runs 5psi of boost and 850 degrees. awful low!

the westach gauge is nice and easy to hook up!

hot rod deuce

wow thats way lower than mine even was! at what RPM is that info, you will make less heat and more boost as a rule at high RPMs. must be a dog mine would pull almost 10 psi at 2600 and i thought that was low. you can go a ways in your pump i would say. make sure you had a good long steady even load. or when you do get one you could have too much.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to take it out on the highway and keep the engine temp at 180-185.
My readings are as follows (for you that have seen these notes/images B4, I apologize for wasting the bandwidth):

Running at 50-55 on level highway: 800-950 deg F and 5-6 psi boost.

Hitting incline at higway speed and trying to maintain 50 going up, say a 5% grade: 1,000-1,100 deg F and 8-9 psi boost.

Hitting steeper incline at higway speed and trying to maintain speed will max out readings: 1,100-1,200 deg F and 12-13 psi boost. Here I watch the pyro and easy off as needed.

These numbers come from multiple runs with vehicle gross weights from 17,000 to 24,000 plus lb. With and without M103 (M105) trailer.

A long downhill run can drop engine temp to 140-150, so go easy on the "gas" until temp builds up again (doesn't take long).

The deuce loves to be driven hard, rpm at 2,200-2,400 for hours on end.:devil:

Westech

CPL
Ok did any of you guys see my some that crapy vid I poasted? Is that spoz to smoke like that? i mean wow its a ton more then befor and I can get the pyro way past 800 and it does not stink like it did befor. ( super fast now also) The fuel has not been messed with on this pump and the timing is set to the 3ed mark ( top mark ) :deal:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks