• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy?

rolling18

looks that way... but doesnt seem final .. yet.
wondering what the search terms are in GL I cant seem to locate any.

anyone selling private party would likley be FAR out of my price range

GTR0419

FMTV's are still harder to come by, but a few do show up through the government auction sites. I've seen three over the past few months. One tractor (M1088), one 5 ton transport (M1084, that's the one with the crane lift on the back, very cool), and one dump truck (M1090). The dumper and the M1084 were non runners. The tractor ran, but was a little rusty. I don't think any of them sold for less than 10K. Seems like the M1084 was around 15K. So, they are starting to trickle out to the masses, but the prices reflect the supply.

LMTV's are starting to show up fairly regularly. I've seen them go anywhere from 4 to 15k at the auctions. The price range accounts for condition and model. The one I saw sell for 15k was M1079 which has the command / shop box on the back.

The above referenced prices are all GL auction numbers. I've seen LMTV's on eBay and Craigslist for anywhere from 12 to $28,500 (dreamer). I have personally yet to see an FMTV for sale privately. They highest actual sale (private) I have seen was $18,500 out in Colorado.

Keep in mind that these trucks are much more "finicky" than older trucks. The main reason are the electronics involved. We actually picked up a nice 1996 LMTV with only 1400 miles since a 2007 rework for $7400. It was the cleanest unit at the auction, but was missing some electronics. That probably scared off some people, but we did the research and about $1200 more than covered the components. So, for around $9500 we have a truck I'm confident we could make a profit on if we had to. Of course it was still a risk as we could not verify its running condition. I figured we could part it out if something was crazy wrong.

rolling18

thanks for all that info! its a start at least.
I saw a couple on E-Bay but not worth THAT much to me... i really likes the Pinzgauer myself.. or Unimog but those seem to be even more!

I may just have to stick with my lowly deuce for awhile longer..
and nothing seriously wrong with it (at the moment)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give it about 6 months or so and they will be flooding the auction sites like the deuces and 5 tons did and prices will drop like a rock.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recall that the LMTV is the 2 1/2 ton, the MTV is the 5 ton, and FMTV is the Family of both vehicles.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks