• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Day Raleigh, NC

SpecE30

First post on this forum.

Anyone planning to get together in Raleigh on Memorial Day? I bought a deuce about 5 weeks ago and hope to have it looking better for the weekend.

CGarbee

I just noticed this...
I was out of town for the weekend.
There is a gathering of MVs' over in Timberlake (not far from Raleigh) every year that a bunch of the guys go to. The organizers provide prime parking and free food/drinks to those who show up with a MV for display (the organizer is a Vietnam Veteran).

On the FIRST SATURDAY of each month at noon there is a gathering at the Vietnam Memorial at the State Capital in Raleigh, MVs park on the sidewalk near the Memorial. After that, we convoy over to the Golden Corral in Cary for a lunch meeting at 1300.

Meanwhile, if you go look at the comming events section or do a search on "VA Rally" or "Graves Rally" or just look in my sig, you'll see an event notice for the rally held at my folk's farm in Va that a bunch of the Raleigh crowd attends.

Welcome to green truck ownership!

SpecE30

Thanks for the reply. We drove the truck - after adding paint - in a Memorial Day Parade in North Raleigh. Of the 20 or so vehicles in the parade, we were voted "Best Vehicle" and got the $20.00 cash prize, which I donated to my son's Young Marines unit.

I'll check my calendar for the Vietnam Memorial/Cary Golden Corral lunch next month.

Best.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks