• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbars in Oregon - look at this pic!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, private residence. He was told by local sheriff that he has to get rid of most of the trucks and parts. You can only have 5 running in view of the public. The sheriff interpreted the law while flying over as being in public view. Stinkin leo.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I feel bad for the guy for having to get rid of some of his junk, but to have that many towbars rusting in the weeds is pretty sick considering many people have need of those. Of course it is his property. If the leo is trying to use a plane ride to check out his property he should probably try to fight it. Doesn't in theory property rights go vertical from the patch you own? If so trespassing :p

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The guy has them for sale, just not interested in shipping. I think he lives hours from any shipping co.

papercu

rights

Doesn't in theory property rights go vertical from the patch you own? If so trespassing
Nope!! If that was the case you could charge airplanes and satellites a toll. In a lot of cases you may not even own the mining rights, they could have been sold or filed on a long time ago. (West is different than the east) Wayne

In 1926 the U.S. Congress passed the Air Commerce Act, which declared that the "navigable air space" of the U.S. was a public highway, open to all citizens. Navigable air space was defined as the sky above "the minimum safe altitudes of flight" as determined by federal regulators--typically 500 to 1,000 feet above the ground

and then

U.S. Supreme Court in U.S. v. Causby (1946). The court laid down a new rule: you've got air rights only insofar as they're essential to the use and enjoyment of your land.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: rights

papercu said:
U.S. Supreme Court in U.S. v. Causby (1946). The court laid down a new rule: you've got air rights only insofar as they're essential to the use and enjoyment of your land.
In plain english I would say having a LEO poking around you property with the intent to deny you your use and enjoyment of your land would make your air rights important. I know plain english and law english can be two different languages though.

I finally found the thread. I wish the guy would give out his info if he needs to sell some of that stuff off. Looks to be way too far for me anyways though.
http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?p=48037&mode=linear#post48037

No.2Diesel

RE: rights

A maximum of five "running" "vehicles" in public view? :cookoo: Wow talk about limiting your freedoms.

It is astounding how local zoning codes are written so that lifestyles and hobbies are controlled and shaped. I could rant for hours... :|

Hopefully someday lawmakers will be crushed by their own code books "filled with Ten Trillion pages of things your not allowed to own, operate, store, or contruct." :D

citizensoldier

If someone close could make a package deal with this guy. He could afford to haul them back east and sell for a good price to all those SS guys that need one. That would be ME!!!! Uggggggggg.. I have missed out on so many of them things.. Anyone have a extra they would sell me for a price less than a whole truck?? :x

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

CitizenSoldier, why don't you pick one up for me too? With all the adapters and some axle clamps as well….. Rofl

You can bring mine to the Ga. Rally :p

papercu

laws

To builder77

I saw on the news that you have some new laws in Virginia.
Over a thousand dollars fine for going 20 mph over the limit?
Over a thousand dollars fine for not using your turn signals?
Over three thousand dollars fine for leaving the scene of an accident?
Did I miss any?
I'm afraid if I got caught there, I would just have to spend the time in jail.
And guess who sponsored the law, David Albo, a partner in one of Virginia's largest law firms; one of its specialties is traffic cases.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/Advice/VirginiasNewSpeedingTicket.aspx

Wayne

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: laws

Yeah Wayne they snuck this giant flaming turd past us this year in the legislature. I am hoping it is overturned as parts of it don't treat all "victims" equally under the law as out of state people don't get fined for three years. I was somewhat ok with them raising some fines for traffic offenses in order to pay for roads, but they just went freaking crazy. If this was to go after habitual offenders then this should have been setup with increasing fines for multiple offenses. I would not want to be a LEO after this as they are going to get lots of flack for this.

I am seriously considering selling my motorcycle after this as my speed demon Mr. Hyde comes out when I ride.

Opie

RE: laws

Well, 20 mph over the limit in a stock deuce. Difficult, but not impossible.

Which would cost more? Fines or diesel fuel while travelling that fast? :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: tow bar...

The town he is in is called Yelm Washington. Beyond that, you'll have to ask the man who posted the pics on M715Zone.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Can we get an accurate count and approximate weight?
If someone could make a deal with the guy for all of them it should be possible to find a commercial rig to move it east as part of a backhaul.
If said someone got all of them the driver might make several stops on the way back and drop several at each stop to be divied up among the faithful.
I used to haul "midnight freight" if I had some extra room on a trailer and I could scale it.
Nothing ventured...nothing gained.

MilitaryRestoration

Just got off the phone with the guy and all he has left are the bars but no ends. Does have some m151 adapters left though. If anyone wants bars, I'm going to be buying hopefully all of his and then I also make the adapters so let me know. Thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MR - make sure you take lots of pics of other things he is trying to get rid of in his yard. Glad you are trying to save a bunch of stuff from him. Wish I was closer, I would love to save some stuff considering the zoning situation he is in...

For those who need ends, Austin Weber on eBay is selling used and NOS ends for the towbar. His UserID on eBay is beltfed34

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks