• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Salvage Yards/Surplus Yards in KY, OH, IN and TN

M38A1MPJeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeking Salvage yards for Jeep, 1/4 ton, and 3/4 ton Dodge M37 parts within a 3-4 hour drive of Lexington KY.

I know Hammonds has closed and has gone to scrap - are there any others out there?

Thanks

Jon

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure how far they are from you, but in Memphis there is Memphis Equipment. Granted mostly they deal in deuce and 5-ton parts, but it's a start....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What cha lookin for specificly? I'm in Cincinnati and can keep an eye out. There have been a couple m37s (whole) here for sale recently.

lstmate

Did you try...

There used to be a place in Lexington called SPARE PARTS sorta off Winchester Road. I heard they were trying to sell out of MV parts. The guy that used to run it was extremely good. Had parts stored in old houses up and down the street and knew where every part was off the top of his head. Not sure if they are still there or not but worth a try..

Garry

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Did you try...

I forgot bout them! They had a five ton back before Aberdeen. Let us know what you find. Maybe even get some pics?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Somemedic

I want to say theres a decent surplus shop in STEVENSVILLE Michigan. Also if one is in need of M151 parts theres a shop in Crown Point Indiana. They really arent yards but they do carry real surplus (not chineese crap) and quite a bit of radio and veh parts. If anyone knows of a real shop in the area of Chicagoland I'd love to hear about it. Last I heard Jeep Acres in New Carlisle was no longer in business.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hammonds has a few tailgates left. He also has a bunch on m998 soft doors but no steel ones that I found. Gimpyrobb may be going there this weekend.

kc8sfq

've heard rumor of a yard that is near Indianapolis, but have no confirmation- Something like "Law's Surplus" or something????

There used to be a place in Branderburg KY called "Laws recycling" Run by Roger Laws.

kc8sfq

There used to be a place in Branderburg KY
It is still there.

That should have been BrandeNburg, but you obviously knew what I ment. I havn't talked to Roger in a couple of years. He has a cool place, just don't go there in the rainy season. That red KY clay is a B*tch. My wife is from the Louisville area and qwe get down there a couple times a year. Also have a buddy in Casey county.

men_of_war

Banned
when ever you have the time happin to know anything about parking brake i can not tell if the cable is broke or if it is just frozen?never had a parking brake.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks