• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old vs. New M725 dataplate - which do you like?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Torn between two data plates for my -725. One is the original, the top one in the pic. Not bad condition but a little faded and some scratched. Bottom one was from mvdataplates.com and is real shiny and new, but the information looks weird, like it was written by hand by a 10-yr-old. ??? Not sure what the deal is with that, but its what I got.

Which would you prefer for your truck, if you owned this -725?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far, tally stands at 4 for the old one, and 0 for the new. Guess I'm gonna be mailing this one back to Rod Shaver along with a refund request and a complaint. I've heard great things about mvdataplates.com, I wasn't expecting this strange data plate to be shipped to me....

blackdog

Too many of the reproduction data plates are done in haste by graphics companies contracted by parts vendors, they aren't concerned with accurate reproduction of fonts or anything, it's just something to be expected... fonts like "Arial" aren't supposed to exist on data plates for a 1970 vehicle...

As for what you received from Rod Shaver... I don't know what the story is on those :shock:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I bought every single dataplate for a deuce, even down to the tags for the gladhands and I was happy with everything, with the exception of one of the yellow plates (I think it was the acceptable fuels one) that was a little faded. It's not a big deal, I'll pick up a nicer one at a show sometime.

NEIOWA

Plate #2 does not look any different from some I saw on Army trucks circa late 80s. Active duty vehicles get data plates replace in BN motorpool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks