• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tandem axle tralier

redass73

what is the trailor that is pulled by the 20ton off road crane.seen a dragline bucket,clam-shell, extra boom section.etc. i think it was a fairly big trailor might be perfect behind the wrecker.thanks
rick

CGarbee

Not the trailer that you are talking about, but two of these just sold at auction near me for less than $300 each (bid price). I didn't bid on either one since I need another trailer like a hole in the head, but I thought that it would make a nice flatbed or stakeside if one wanted to do a little work...

Come to think of it, doesn't somebody on this site have a dump trailer/flatbed made from one of these??

TRAILER, BOLSTER, SN: 4670, 4 TON, 4 WHEEL, MFR: HENRY
Here is a photo....

Attachments

CGarbee

Yeah, and now that the auction is over I keep thinking that the wheels look at lot like the ones on my five ton tag trailer (that will be hitched behind the M817 soon).
I am working on getting the big dump to haul the little dump up to Aberdeen so that they can meet your medium size dump so you'll get to see it pulling a trailer...:)

Seriously, I need to sell some 1/4 ton trailers (and a M38) before I haul too much more into the yard...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave Olchak has a dual wheel trailer for sale. He is N3UKA on this list. His trailer formerly had a laundry unit mounted on it. The trailer is MINT. I am not sure what he wanted for it.

5tonpuller

I have a trailer that formerly had a laundry unit mounted on it. I took the laundry unit off and
just use the trailer. 5Ton 4 wheels. It works great. To dump it i just unhook it and pick up the front with the crane. Would like the extra tongue for it. In the book I have it shows one. Now to find one.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of these were in the DRMO yard at Ft. Riley Kansas a few months ago, I don't know if they will move over to GL or some state agency will get them, but you may want to keep an eye on the GL auctions.
James G.

deuceman51

We have several of those bolster trailers in our motor pool at my guard unit. The tongue extends outward to lengthen the trailer. Then there are clamp on stakes you can put on the front and back to haul logs, lumber, etc. I'm not sure if they can haul a shelter or small conex or not as I haven't seen it done before. All in all they are pretty usefuly trailers.

jeli

We had a hooch built on ours, 8' x 12' x 7'. We used our other trailers a couple times to haul logs. Converting it to a dump trailer would be slick but other than that give me a std flat bed equipment hauler. If you ran tall tires you could put 9x20's or 11x20's for added height.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have one and the super single tires were each worth more than I paid for the whole trailer it came with all the bolsters and binders in the tool bin. I have had it loaded with about 9 tons of oak logs behind the duece and hauled them to the sawyer. It is a really nicely built trailer and though designed for 5ton trucks it hauls really nicely behind the duece.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks