• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new Deuce help with info,manufacturer??

fogman7

ok,,I am bringing this home next week, it was made by Standard Truck & Equipment in Atlanta Georgia,,any idea how many were produced??it has no bed on it,not in bad shape, but has not run since 2004,,any ideas on date, and value?thanks in advance,, by the way I am interested in turning one of them into a german troop carrier and leaving the other one american,,yes I got 2 coming nexgt week, one is made by Standard, the other is a GM made 1941-43?
thanks
derek in south louisiana

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: new Duece help with info,manufacturer??

CCATLETT1984 said:
(we tend to be a visually stimulated group :driver: )
rofl

I'm not touchin' that one, I'll leave that to Westech....

And welcome to Steel Soldiers, Forgman! :beer:

We love CCKW's

acetomatoco

RE: duece

Standard would be a secondary MFR.. certainly not the MFR of the basic truck. It has the windshield assy of a West Coast Aftermarket seller... and I am guessing that it was converted from a M34, M35 Chassis... the VIN will be on the LF frame rail behind the tire... The Standard Plate would be like Sarafan, White Owl, Southeastern, or Clark etc...

fogman7

ok,,brought it home today and the previous insurance card said it is a 1945 Diamond T,, now I kknow

fogman7

not being arguemnetive, but insurance card says 1945,,so how di i find out for sure??i have the vin number for it,but will keep that private

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

where in south la. are you
that for sure is a m-series cab, so cant be a 45 and 51 was when the first m-series were first shown, the ins. card could be wrong,
standard could be the maker of the bed the that was added after the truck left military service, or for that matter a special bed the was used while in military service

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

going south from 90, comming into houma on 182 there is a m37, compleat but with a bunch of rust, it is on the left in the back heading towards houma, it is at charles truck parts (i think thats the name ),he said it ran when it was parked, how long ago is another story,

the next time i am working out of houma, ill get a hold of you, and we will swap MV stories

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

This truck most certainly is not a Diamond T, and most certainly was not built prior to 1949. Look for the VIN that is stamped in the frame rail, in most cases on the driver's side near the axle. (If the truck has a gasoline engine, the VIN may be stamped on the passenger's side.) In a few cases the date is also stamped in the frame rail.

Look at the article posted as a sticky at the top of the "deuce" forum on this website, it should help you determine the date and manufacturer.

Or you can PM me and I can probably tell you - BUT to do so I've gotta have the VIN (well, I don't need the last three digits, but the rest I will).

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

fogman7

well hell,dont see a vin anywhere, but i may not be looking in right place,i do have the one on the card, and there are several in the glove box

acetomatoco

As you are reluctant to share VIN info for help.. the help you get will be sketchy at best.. Remember that folks who have many years experience with these trucks have tried to help you and your "old piece of paper" has you convinced that the experts are wrong. The aftermarket windshield frame is indicative of a remanufacture, probably by Standard, or Zeligson or the like. If you find the Vin on the frame front left side it will have a format of M12345 or 0525-12345 which will be of great help in determining the origin. You can put it on the list at M123XX or 052X-12XXX to satisfy your paranoia...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks