• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV (LVAD) floor pan reconstruction

jpinst

The floor pan on my LVAD is rusted out and needs to be replaced. I am pretty sure I will not find another one. I am guessing somebody has made one for a military truck before and I am hoping I can learn how to do it myself. I bought some galvanized steel, not I just need to figure out how to form it.

Basically 75% of the floor is gone and a few inches up the center hump.Any ideas or suggestions?

If you have an FMTV, try pulling the carpet mat up and see what you have. If the roof leaked, all the water settled in a pool under the mat and eventually rusted out the floor.

Thanks in Advance!

jpinst

That's an option, but it would be my last. It's not the price, which I am sure is a few K, but the LVAD cab is different in that the doors and windows fold down and the roof comes off. That means I would be destroying a perfectly good cab, just to cut out the floor. I would hope somebody who has a rollover or something worse could put it to better use.

Thanks anyway. I will keep it in mind.

DSD277

When I get back to one of my 'puters ,I'll pm you a link to a complete takeoff LVAD cab I knew of.If they still have it,,

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On mine the floor pans are in very good condition luckily. The turret cover was sealed with a bead of sealant, even around the bolt heads. I did however find previous rust damage underneath the driver's side storage box. It looks like the metal rusted and formed cracks at some point, and the military coated that whole section with something...some type of epoxy maybe? Either way the rust was sealed but there are still jagged cracks in the metal. The underside of the cab in that spot looks fine, so I guess it is just the top layer in that section. At some point I want to take all the seats out, remove all the floor pads/covers and really see what condition the rest of it is in. At least the floorboard areas are good on mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks