• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with Peltor Litecom

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a pair of these super cheap so I figured I could use them while I search for all the Vic radio parts I'll need.

I wanted to figure out if I could pump music into these. I contacted Peltor but no help. Anyone know if I can use the "INT" connector for this? I'm hoping one of you electronic gurus could help me out with a wiring diagram, instructions, web site link etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Attachments

bugei

mike, is there a model number on them somewhere? i don't see anything that looks like that on peltors site, or any "related site". they kind of look like some peltor dectcom products.

dan

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are the older ones with the belt mounted box. Nothing on the site for them. I know the newer Litecoms and Powercoms can be interfaced but the cable is like $50. What you might be able to do is wear ear buds under the litecom and feed it with your Ipod or whatever you use for music. I've done that with my Powercoms with decent results.

deuceman51

I have the exact pair here and love them. They are really nice when you need help backing up or hooking something on ect. That's one thing the VIC 1 can't do. I have also wondered if you can add music to them. Let me know if you find out for sure about the cable for them.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks lie a very comfy headset. The INT plug looks like a common S-video connector. If that is the same kind of connector, it's a 4-pin job with a metal shield. The 4 pins (for video) as Y, GND, C, GND. In any case the video cable might be a cheap out, or just buy the connector and make one up if the pinout is different.

The VIC-1 can help with backing up etc, if you get the CX10766/GR 27FT headset cable. There were some for sale at the MVPA convention.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hehe, I have the powercoms and love them. Similar setup but work on FRS channels so increased distance. On my way to the FL Roundup I had to stop for grub for the 5 yr old. With all my crap in the truck including the laptop, I wasn't about to walk away from it. I ran into McDs to grab sandwiches while Jonathan stayed in the truck with the doors locked from the inside. I was able to talk to him the entire time I was in line. Only a few feet from seeing him the whole time. Don't get me wrong, I've had VIC-1s in two trucks and liked them but these powercoms are a ton better.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've played with them and I also think they'll be great for backing up type issues. I'm hoping we can up with something thru this group to figure out how to utilize that INT connector. OPCOM may be onto something. It's just too bad I'm a electro-retard!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a friend who maybe tiinkers or is an 'old and experienced' ham radio operator.. or best yet a TV repairman if you know one. A guy like that can figure that thing out in a few minutes. It has only 4 wires, and most likely one is ground. I would almost bet that one pin is mike audio out, another is headphone audio in, and two are gound (shields) on the wires.

When the expensive cable is used with the powercom, can you talk and listen simultaneously without pushing a button (like on the telephone)? I'd help just for the fun of keeping someone from spending $50 on a cable, but for the distance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure the cable for the phone does permit full duplex operation. The powercoms can be hooked up for external 2 way radios, cell phones and stuff such as Ipods.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So here is Peltor's response about the "INT" connection.

Hello,
There was a switch on the front of the transceiver unit marked INT or TX which allowed you to switch from wireless communication to an intercom between two units with an interconnect cable which plugged into a jack on the top of the transceiver marked INT.
This unit was discontinued over ten years ago - unfortunately, we have no replacement parts for them anymore.
Best regards,
JD

PELTOR COMMUNICATIONS
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
PH # 1 - 800 - 665 - 2942
FX # 1 - 705 - 733 - 3565
peltor_communications@aearo.com

Given this new info, can we achieve of goal of music?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks