• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tilt Front end

hot rod deuce

Alright i got ANOTHER plan....this ones goona come soon. While doing the cummins swap i had to add a 3 inch body lift to clear the aftercooler at the hood, no big deal right? Well that puts the motor 3 more inches DOWN the hole. after i put the fenders on its next to imposable to work on. So i think ill just get make a tilt front with hydro assist and lift off option. i was thinkin on just building a frame work for the whole front clip and pivot it on those 1/2 inch bolts that the brush guard thingy goes in at the bottom, or build a pivot on the side where the fender brakets bolt. either way its going to be either hydo or air assist. The back of the fender will also get choped off at the cab and leave the stack where it is....now for the air filter...well i gota do some more thinkin but what do you guys think? Those fiber glass things would be nice and light but d**n $$$$ plus i gota hack it up for the aftercooler.
well thats it...i need more time to work on this thing, i got enough stuff to keep me busy for the next 5 years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks