• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removable Doors

av8rnik

Has anyone considered modifying the door hinges to make them removable so you can drive around doors off? I have been contemplating it. I was thinking about the possibility of pulling the door off and replacing the pin in the hinge.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can just unbolt the hinge.

av8rnik

Yeah, but I was thinking of replacing the pin with something that can just be pulled when I want to take them off. A little quicker and simpler than unbolting the hinges every time.

glassk

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C6TZ-9722800-SK.aspx?wid=141

Made by Scott Drake, 1966-77 Bronco Removable Door Hinges! This kit includes: 4 removable style door hinges, 2 quick-release door check brackets, 2 nylon web door straps with stainless anchors, and all the hardware needed to convert your Bronco. Everything is high-quality stainless steel and our hinges and brackets are highly polished.

Thats a Ford Bronco, But it is a working Idea,...

av8rnik

Here's one I bookmarked to do at some future date.

http://coloradok5.com/doorhingepins.shtml
Did the upgrade this weekend using the guidance in post above. Went smoothly, no issues and definitely worth the $20 in parts and 3 hours i spent doing it. Doors are a little heavy and awkward to get on/off by yourself, but can be done but easier with two people.

I didnt replace the bushings because the original ones stayed in the hinge piece, just followed the steps detailed and have removable doors now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks