• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grayling Michigan Riverfest Weekend MV Display...

odjeeper

The Michigan Museum of Military Transport is seeking military vehicles for a public display July 28 in Grayling MI. This is a great event for the whole family as there is an arts & crafts show, car show and other historic attractions happening at the same time within a couple blocks of each other. There is also a traditionsl car/truck show happening three blocks away from the MV display and a civil war cannon competition will be taking place a few miles out of town. To cap it off, in the evening the AuSable canoe marathon will be starting in Grayling and the racers will be going to Oscoda, MI for the longest and largest canoe race in the nation. For those who can make it, there is plenty to do and a chance to visit with some really nice fellow MV owners. We may even do a short trail ride on Sunday around Camp Grayling ranges for those interested.

67Beast

I'm trying to move stuff around on my schedule to try and get up there for the show. If I come I'm only going to be able to bring the M715. Where is the set up going to be? I know on GLMVPA there was mention of setting up at the fire barn, is that still the place?

odjeeper

CCATLETT1984 - i do not set up the date for most events, the canoe marathon has been going on for nearly 60 years do their date is pretty well set. Sorry you have such a problem making so many events, would like to see you at a few more. Maybe I'll have to harass you in the Shores again, ran into a friend from high school with an M37 in the Shores in May.

67Beast - Yes indeed, we will be at the old Grayling City Fire Hall, across the street from the American Legion bowling alley and just across the parking lot from where the canoe racers will be getting in the river at the start of the race. Hope you will be able to make it, both GLMVPA and MMMT will be having meetings at the event.

odjeeper

BTT

Just thought I would bump this thread back up to the top as a reminder that Riverfest is this weekend. The weatherman is predicting a very nice weekend at this point, not too warm, very slight chance of rain on Saturday. Might be able to find some camping space at my place about 15 miles from town if anyone needs it. Should be a great time with lots to do for the whole family. Forgot to mention in my earlier post that the Great Lakes MVPA chapter is having a general membership meeting here on Saturday and the Museum will be having a board meeting right afterward. Looking forward to seeing whoever can make it....

67Beast

Sorry guys but I'm out. The wife reminded me that we had a "family" event on sat. that i must attend. She muttered something about if I ever want to see the light of day on sunday I had better be there sat. With the Clare show coming up I don't want to call her bluff. :roll:

odjeeper

Very Good Turnout...

There was a very good turnout for the Grayling Riverfest last Saturday and I want everyone to know that MMMT is very thankful for their support. There were fifteen vehicles on display and a lot of people came through to view them and learn about our hobby. We had jfnemt1ff1, with his Gamma-Goat, two CUCV Blazers and one Pickup, Count with his M715, a Mule, two M38s, an M38A1, M151, M37 w/ M101 trailer, M880, two Deuces and a '72 Dodge W200 Ambulance. BigBee brought out a very nice display of models as well. The Great Lakes and MMMT meetings went well and were well attended.

For additional interest, the canoe marathon went off Saturday evening with a record 77 teams starting the 15+ hour race and several of us got to enjoy quite a display put on by the Loomis Battery at their antique cannon shoot. Watching Civil War vintage cannons compete at 1000 yards with crews all in period costume is something to see.

Hopefully next year we will be able to make this an even bigger event for all to enjoy. Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Clare in a couple weeks, then again at the Camp Grayling Color Tour at the end of September. If anyone has pictures from Riverfest it would be great to see them.

David_4x4

Sounds like it was good event. Last time we were up a Grayling they didnt have all this going on just the artillery shoot. Im sure if they would have had the military vehicle display, I think we would have been more entertained. After about the 5th shot it kinda got boring....

But anyone in the area who wants to see Civil War artillery and in many different variations should definately attend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks