• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My crew cab cucv is getting closer!

ccf460

Started off as a one owner 89 chevy cc dually big block 4WD. De-grampa'd by removing all the diamond plate running boards and general crap. Ordered a 6" lift from rough country. Picked up 5 H1 wheels and tires from John at Faith Tire Supply. Drove to Matthews,N.C. and bought a M101 body with bows,sideboards ,and a cargo cover (also picked up a N.O.S. M105 cover that the guy didnt even know he had!). The work commenced. I am going to pick up a 5.9 6Bt out of an F800 next week, and let the fun begin. I have posted a few pics of the progress along the way. This will be an evolving thread. Thanks for the help in my other "let me ask you this" threads that helped get this project moving.
truck1.jpgtruck2.jpgtruck3.jpgtruck4.jpgtruck5.jpg

Last edited:

ccf460

Thank you. I am planning on dumping the saddle tanks and go to a single rear. That should make it easier to fabricate side steps and also make room for storage boxes of some type under the bed in front of the rear tires. I picked up some 383 green at the Kentucky convention. Hopefully it will be the best of all worlds when it is done.

ccf460

I am not sure. It is sitting right behind the engine in this picture. I don't know if it is a 4,5,or 6 speed. Do you know about transfer case options? Or what transmissions were behind these?
cummins.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd love to find a 3+3 truck like that. Kinda rare in 4x4 to start with.

I'd have kept it a dually though. I think it could happen with the H1 wheels with a custom spacer. At least, from what I can tell on my 1008 with no spacers on the rear.

saltman

ccf460 what were your thoughts on the m105 vs. m101 front lip to center of wheelwell dimension when utilizing on a long bed truck? I am very curious what route you ended up going, thus brought back this old thread and made it my first post here on the site. I am looking forward to sharing my m1028 build with everyone over the next few months, cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks