• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy

J2H

Hello! I've been registered for a day and figured I'd hop in an introduce myself. I have no military vehicles yet, selling my Tracker to CarMax and using that money to buy an old CJ or Military Vehicle, just gotta find one in my price range (3k max for now)!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! For 3K? maybe find a deuce that does not need too much. Be persistent and choose wisely for something with a good-working drivetrain, there are always bargains on all various kinds of MVs if you do some looking. I got mine for $4000 (less the shelter) 5 years ago and drove it home from VA to TX.

J2H

I know 3k seems low, but I am using the money from my '05 Mustang (whats left from paying off the loan) for my closing costs on my home, and my Chevy Tracker I will sell to CarMax for whatever they will give me (hoping 3k), so thats what I've got to work with. I was thinking of getting a Deuce, but the ones I have seen were 5k or more, plus they may be too big for my property, who knows... :|

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well if you are buying a house, find out if there is a home owners association BEFORE you buy a MV. I know it sucks, but will save you lots of head aches.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the looney bin. :cookoo:
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here :mrgreen:
Leave now before you become infected with the incurable "green iron fever" :shock:
One MV is too many and a hundred are not enough. aua
The amount of knowledge and information available among the faithful is staggering.
If you need something, chances are someone here has it or knows where to get it.
There are a lot of great folks here (and a few old curmudgeons) and everyone is willing to help.
I got my duece last month for 1700 bucks on a GL auction. It is still waiting on me to pick it up at Fort Jackson (as soon as the EUC clears).
There are a lot of vehicles coming up in the next few weeks.
Good hunting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks