• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires, Tires, Bla, Bla, Bla

Westech

CPL
Well dudes I did my second tire run of the year. It all started at 6am with nice and sunny weather and a cool 50* out. We hit the road and started out of Wisconsin and headed west. The trip out was not too bad till we got about 40 miles away from our pick up point. The silly people in Iowa though it was a good time to tare up both lanes of high way 20 for over ten miles. It was single lane traffic and there was a "pace truck" that you had to follow. So after messing around with that for over a hour we were at our place.
Well here comes the good part. "sorry Rich I'm short today, you will have to load by hand". Dude were not loading folding chairs here there 225 pound TIRES!!!!! So we start to load.. and none were sorted had to move stacks of 8 high to pick and get the good ones.
So lets see drive 500 miles... self load over 10k in tires (have scale tickets to prove it) and drive 500 miles home. O did I tell ya I'm really white (Irish and Swiss) and there is not a cloud in the sky and its now over 80*? So now after 7 hours of loading I'm burnt bad and tired.. only 500 miles to go. Well when I hit the scales I topped out at 25,680 pounds and thats really close to over load! two more tires and I would have been busted for no CDL.
We made it home at 4:30 am and had to be at work by 8:00am. (its now 12:05 am as I wright this) Lets just say I earned every tire on that trailer.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You were white

Westech

CPL
RE: Re: RE: Tires, Tires, Bla, Bla, Bla

well sorry boys I think this last load is all sold out. there Might be one more run this year if enough of you want some. prob be a load of 14:00's again and 11:00's NDT I also have 2 75+ % good side wall 9:00 x 16's NDT for 50 bucks each.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Wow! Reading about your trip made me feel like I had that "tire-dirt on my hands and arms and no way to feel clean doing this and I have to get back in the truck and drive," feeling. Wrestling tires is almost a sport. They're like teaming horses, (not that I've ever done that), but what it would seem like. They cooperate, but then all of the sudden one tips and you have to start fighting it. Ahh! Water that you can't pour out! AHH! I feel for you, Rich! You're a good man! I look forward to my new 11.00x20s in a month or so. I'll have 12 fairly descent 9.00x20s for someone out there. Only one of them is kind of cracky, but the rest are fine. Just some wear from arguing axles on the 780 mile trip home to Ohio, from Vermont. Should've dropped the shaft. Fronts have fuzz. Your alias is, "tireguy." Thank you for your devotion to your fellow soldiers. Like I say, you do great work!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The only thing better than wrestling a 14R20 is wrestling one with a rim, hub and brake-drum attached. That was a PITA! Thanks for doing the dirty work for us Westy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks