• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Random Pictures

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did the random pics go(main page on the right side)? I really like to take notice of the random pics, it seems like I notice something new or different quite often (despite looking over the photo gallery about once a week). I also enjoy seeing one of my pictures featured there on occasion. BTW, Thanks to the tech guys for all your efforts

TheBuggyman

Re: RE: Random Pictures

mangus580 said:
I removed them as a test of speed.... the main page appears to be twice (if not more) as fast than it was before....
I too have noticed how fast the main page loads, I thought that to be a function of the new server..........

This coming from someone with zero computer savvy.

mangus580

RE: Re: RE: Random Pictures

Its a combo of both. When the new server went in, I still wasnt satisified. Looking at the logs, it was pointing to the random photo block. It seems the gallery software is poorly written and was slowing things down. I might have to go locate something better here soon....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Random Pictures

I liked the random photo on the side, as well as the top posters count. If its a matter of speed, I believe we should look for an alternative computer program to handle these plugins, rather than abandon those two features.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks