• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood and bumper number help

calpyro

Hello,
I am looking for help with figuring out what the hood and bumper numbers mean on my M715 truck:

"FRC" (passenger side bumper)
"FE 176" (drivers side bumper)
US Army 03A 86069 (hood)

Anybody have a guess?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Well,I am no help on bumper numbers, but from the hood number we know it is a medium truck accepted in 1969.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

67Beast

And that it was the 860th medium truck accepted in 1969. "A" being the from the first 999 accepted, and 860 being what number it was, 69 at the end indicates the year accepted, and 03 indicates medium class of vehicles. And as example, 03B 86069 would have been the 1860th medium truck accepted in 69'.

For the bumpers, I'm not sure what the FE is, but more than likely something like Field Engineers but the 176 would mean that it was the 176th vehicle in that units order of march. FRC is more than likely a base or post marking as to where it was stationed.

67Beast

calpyro said:
Good info. The Field Engineer makes sense, this 715 started as a 726 Maintenance truck.
FYI, this is my truck: http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=m726_order_sheet and the order sheet indicates that there were 87 vehicles in this order. Perhaps this was the 86th out of 87?
Nope, it was the 860th medium class truck accepted. That's out of all medium class trucks for that year, not just M715s or M726s. The very first medium truck accepted for 1969 would be 03A 00169 reguardless which model it was as long as it was classified as a medium truck.

William_Max

M 725 numbers and oil filters

I have just gotten a rather nice 1968 M 725 Ambulance, There are no numbers on it at all. The delivery date is on the ID plate on the dash board. Can I figure out the delivery number from that? There are no old numbers under the paint that I can find.

A second question, What is the correct oil filter for the super powerful 230 CID Six? The TM 9 specifies a FSN 2940-826054 does anyone have an interchange to commercial filters for that?

Sincerely
Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks