• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT model differences (M978 vs M978P1)

yiankap

Hello everyone! I do not know if I am at the right forum section, but I want to ask if anyone knows the differences between HEMTT M978 and M978P1. What the P1 does mean? Are there significant differences?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to steel soldiers!

I am not positive but I suspect the P1 is an upgraded with the armored cab. Not sure if there are other differences. I will let one of our members give us more info.

HETvet

First, welcome to steel soldiers!

The HEMTT technically falls under the 5ton and up section. The P1 upgrade kit is the frag (up armor) kit for the cab and other combat related accessories. The A1 is the up grade from the original with the cat engine and better transmission and other additions to up date it with the times, if you will.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks