• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vermont Rally

vtdeucedriver

Well another VT rally is done! I got to meet a fellow SS member, tho i cant remember his name. He's got a sweet M725????? Thanks again for the Fire Ext!!! Send me a PM with your address.............I got something to send you.

Anyhow..............it was the 1st show with the M52A2. Got 3 miles from the show and I rolled in with a smoking right rear! I messed with it the next day making sure that it was not a stuck shoe. I did drain a 1/2 qt of water out of the brake booster. I though i had it licked so i did a quick trip, got warm but not HOT. Left sat night and did not hit the brakes once! made it to the interstate and I thought I had it licked for home but I got 15 miles with both right rear axles smoking and a very stiff pedal!! I got the truck to a friends house and will be there until i get back from TN in 2 weeks.

Oh well................aint MV's fun!

acetomatoco

I was there too.... Jeff has done a good job on his 5 ton tractor and now with probably a new or rebuilt booster, he should be in the stop and go business... AirPak is probably too far gone for just a infusion of OHT...lucky it worked at all with all the water in the dry side.....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pics from VT..

Most people didnt get to see the 5 each M1 Abrams Tanks that are on the Norwich University grouds, at the VTARNG "Armory of the Future" Oh well, membership has it's privliges!
One of the M1's was a TRUE M1, with the rifled 105mm.. The rest were M1A1's.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks