• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LTV/M-1078 Power Distribution Panel - Parts sources

pkl2fly

fixer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings,

Recently acquired a 1078 which is missing the PDP - have not yet determined whether vehicle is WTEC II or WTEC III.

Anyone know where to get one? Or have one? I suspect the vehicle was forded too deep and got water into the PDP, but can't be too sure, just know there's a gaping hole where the part should be.

Thanks,

Paul

GTR0419

Funs stuff! I have been through the exact same process. There are several ways, but cost and time considerations will be the guiding force. Keep in mind that many of the parts for these trucks are commercially available. The parts are also starting to show up more and more on eBay and with some of the advertisers / listers in the in the classifieds on this site. I just saw a power distribution box for the newer MTVs on eBay last week. The first thing you will need to do is become intimately involved with the parts manual. Simple searching online with part numbers can/will find some things, but you may have to do some research because some of the military part numbers do not translate linearly to commercial numbers. Simply searching LMTV or M1078, etc. also may not work because some of the salvage guys have the parts, but they don't know what they are for and some the parts (like switches, CTIS, etc.) can be used on multiple vehicles. Identify some parts guys and let them know what you need. They may not have it, but know someone who does. One last little point...you can submit bids to some commercial parts companies and get ridiculous cost quotes back. If you have to go this route for something, always request multiple bids. Sorry, I rambled a little here. I just came across this while checking something on the site and don't really have time to put together a thought out message. Hope I a least shed some light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks