• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RT-524 Radio - Is this a good price?

ems4ty

Hello everyone, would like some feedback. I found a guy who has a RT-524 who wants $350.00 for the working radio plus $32.00 for shipping. Does these price sound reasonable? Supposedly its in good condition other than signs of use. (I Don't expect it to be brand new.) He did state that I'll need a handset to use it however he was out of those.

What do you think?

Thanks,

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a fair price - I've seen them higher, but I've seen them cheaper too. If he can guarantee that its not DOA, I'd get it.

BTW - is this seller named Pvt. Jarhead? If so, he is VERY reputable, I'd buy from him any day.

ems4ty

Mike, yes, his name is Pvt. Jarhead. So it sounds like I'd be getting a decent deal. Thanks for the feedback. If anyone else has any comments, please post.

Thanks,

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For $350 it should be in working condition. I never heard anything bad about PVT jarhead. i only hear good things so far. that shipping seems very reasonable, the radio weighs about 60LBs. You got a mount for it?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Sounds like a reasonable price, and downright cheap shipping for such a big, heavy radio. You already have the right mount and antenna on your truck, and hopefully the cabling is also all present and in good condition (I wasn't able to look at that stuff closely last Saturday). You'll need a handset such as an H-250, an/or other audio accessories.

ems4ty

Not sure what kind of cabling I'll need. I know the mount that is under the passenger seat has 2 pairs of wires, I'm to assume they are to be connected to the battery. As far as the antenna goes, nf6x has seen it. It has (2) cables that come off of the bottom.

Not sure if I should go with a handset or a headset. Are there any headsets that will work with this? Still looking into getting the VIC-1 intercom system. Any ideas if this connects directly with the radio too? I think I read somewhere that it gets daisy chained somehow.

Take Care,

CGarbee

I'll chime in and add that I've purchased from Pvt Jarhead as well and have been pleased with each transaction (mulitple PRC77's...).

I bounce between using a headset with a boom mike (noise canceling) and the handset. Depends on if I am mobile at the time or just sitting in a parking lot, and what I have the radio mounted in (have multiple mounts and shift the radios between trucks...).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks