• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 questions and parts wish list

n1bnc

All,

I purchased a running M135 last year and I am in the process of cleaning it up and having it look a little more original. I have a couple of questions and I am looking for parts as well.

It seems that these trucks have a mystery hole in the hood on the drivers side. What was it's purpose?

I read in another thread that one should swap out the 30wt oil in the transmission with ATF. I understood that to be a no-no. Is there a specific modification to make this happen? I live in Mass and I am not really looking to change the oil 2 times per year because of the seasons.

Parts that GMC needs that I have not been able to purchase on Ebay, I am looking for the long exhaust pipe that exits the muffler, those funky clamps, that u shaped plate that the screen is screwed to, and a spare tire holder. I am driving from MA to OH this week and can pick up along the way.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

deuceman51

That hole in the hood is for a heater air intake. These heater kits are different than the newer ones and very hard to find. As for the parts, I have some of the things you would need, but I am in SD and that is way too far for you to drive and shipping would be bad too. If you can find him on ebay listing, contact ablinn. That is his seller name, I bought my exhaust parts from him awhile ago. As for the transmission, mine had ATF in it when I got it. I think it is better than 30wt. They have made a lot of improvements in the past 50 years and I think the ATF would be better than the 30wt. But that is my opinion.

M215

Hello,
Try A. B. Linn on Ebay (ablinninc), he has some GMC M211 / m135 exhust stuff. Also contact Sam Winer Motors in Akron / Canton Ohio, #330-628-4881 (ask for Robert Zetzer) They have some parts and vehicles for take offs. Memphis Equip. has a lot of parts for these trucks. I find Mark at their Chambersburg, Pa. branch to be very helpful, #717-263-4555. Memphis is usually expensive, but if they have what you need, pay it!
Good luck, Karl

n1bnc

Thanks to those who answered. I called ABLinn and he did not have much at all in what i was looking for. I called Memphis, ($) and they have all the exhaust parts I need, so I will stop there on my way to Ohio. I am still looking for the spare tire rack. The PA location is on my way more or less.

I called the TN location and they said that they have many of these pipes, so they ARE the ones with the stash. But they do not have any parts trucks in the yard. :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks