• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Hooked Up To The Sled

evldoer

My brother took one of my cucvs (1031) to a local pull last weekend. It has the banks sidewinder turbo on it, 4 inch lift with 37 inch BFG Baja T/A tires. At the scale it weighed 6400lbs with driver. They put him in the 8000 lb class. Pulled the sled 227 feet, and came to a gentle stop. The turbocharged 6.2 just plain ran out of power and couldn't even spin the tires at the end, but it was still nice to see it hooked up to the sled. These tires work great. Great motivation to start the duramax conversion I've been putting off!

Attachments

evldoer

Keep me in the loop on the Duramax conversion. That's what I have planned for my M1008 also.
I will start a build thread here when I dig into the conversion. I'd really like to start on it yesterday but I am in the middle of an LS powered 67 Bel Air full restoration that must get done first. At least when I get to the truck I won't need to be as fussy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks