• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1082 trailer

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice complete rig/set up. Where did you score the trailer, haven't seen any released.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat looking trailer, but if you have to load cargo on it, you better have a forklift... The Army should of kept some of the M105A3 trailers. At least they had a low cargo bed.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the trailer have CTIS, or does it look like it just because it has the same wheels and tires as the trucks do?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great, like it was made for it. Oh yeah, it was! I got to see those being made, the plant was turning out three trailers a day on the trailer line.

DSD277

For those that might find it interesting, the M1082 specs.
What's scary is that the empty weight of the trailer is still 1500 lbs more than the original HMMWV:shock:

Attachments

3dAngus

So I'm looking at one of these. The 60" loading height is a killer though. I was wondering what the height might be if I put some M1061 tires on it.
I recall my M1061 was also high, even with the tires, which were lower than the 9X20s.
My bobber has the 395s on it so that would be a match, yet, I'm more interested in carrying some cargo. Nothing heavy, but my back isn't going to take to much work and heavy uplifting. The M1061 was one of my favorite all around trailers and it was like new, but, again, even it was to high.
Has anyone looked into putting those m1061 6 LUG TIRES on one of these M1082A1s and checked the difference in height. The M1082 is really a cool looking trailer and with the sides that are removeable, a side load would make things much easier. The M1061 was a flat bed, so that was never a problem. The M105A2/3 as you all know, can only load from the rear. I like the drop down sides. Wonder how it would pull with a deuce? I don't believe the 5000 pound tow capacity at all. Off road maybe, but even my Chevy 1/2 Silverado can pull 8000 pounds, and I have seen the M1061 pull the M1061 with a full load in the laundry trailer which was well over 10,000 pounds, by a M35A2 deuce. Slow up the hills, but fine on level ground.

Duckworthe

Great trailer! I want the M1095. I know it is tall but my 99 H1 hummer will fit in it. Might look like a bit of over kill pulling the trailer with my H1 in it, behind my M1078!!! HAHA I am jealous! Have fun with it.

lindsey97

Shark bait, would you mind giving details of the electrical intervehicular cable that is used to connect your lmtv to the m1082a1? I would like to know the length of the cable and if it has the same ends that are used on a m923a1 5 ton.

I am in the process of purchasing a m1082a1 and it doesn't have the pigtail cable for the lights. I am trying to find the right one so it will plug into my m923a1 directly without modification.

Also, my truck does not have CTIS, so how does the trailer work with a vehicle that doesn't have ctis? do the tires air up on their own? thank you.

Shark Bait

Shark bait, would you mind giving details of the electrical intervehicular cable that is used to connect your lmtv to the m1082a1? I would like to know the length of the cable and if it has the same ends that are used on a m923a1 5 ton.

I am in the process of purchasing a m1082a1 and it doesn't have the pigtail cable for the lights. I am trying to find the right one so it will plug into my m923a1 directly without modification.

Also, my truck does not have CTIS, so how does the trailer work with a vehicle that doesn't have ctis? do the tires air up on their own? thank you.

It has the standard NATO connector and a commercial 7 pin ( I believe, like a tractor trailer) ) connector. There isn't CTIS on the trailer. They don't air up or down.

decodeme22

Got 2 for sale, 2010 & a 2001...
1 tan , other camo...
email me if interested...Kevin
Not listed on the site yet, waiting for titles.
surplusmilitarydepot.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks