• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas Maintenance - Any Tips & Tricks???

ems4ty

What should be done to properly maintain the canvas that used on these trucks? I have a '53 Reo Gasser with a canvass cargo top. It's on all the time, and the sun just cooks it. Is there any products (Similar to armorall for tires for instance) that can be applied or used to help extend the life of the canvas? How about cleaning them? Do you use a pressure washer, soap and water, plain water, etc???

Thanks for the feedback!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Canvak is what I use to waterproof and protect from UV. Try a search for canvas maintenance or canvas cleaning or canvas waterproofing. There is a search function at the top of this page(right under the word Military in the heading). Look over the search options, make it your friend!

CCATLETT1984

Go to a local Camper/RV supply place they will have what you need. Get the roll-on stuff. Its much better than the spray-on.

you'll want to give the cover a good scrubbing before you apply the sealer, just follow the directions on the package. We recoat our pop-up camper every three years, the coating does wear off.

littlebob

Don't have any canvas except , the new cab cover I bought, but good topic that I will watch because I will have the full canves one day.\
littlebob

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think ti's the 361 manual for the multi trucks that has the cleaning section for the canvas. I'll copy the pages and post them.

ems4ty

Well, I ordered the Canvak as most have suggested. I'll give it a good cleaning then try appliying the when everything dries out. Thanks for tips!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks