• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to group

HMMWV

Placed new LED lights on and the missing "nite" light. New roof and doors, etc. Cameo paint job in progress. Also did a number of boots and hose replacements. The rugged rubber baby bug bumpers on the hood. Then I have full set of decals and plaqs, etc. Just need radios so i can do some DXing with the dual antennas. Keeping 100% original so far.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great! Very few HMMWV owners here, but not because we don't like them. Just, must of us are poor and can't afford such a new toy.

No.2Diesel

Welcome! Nice HUMMWV. I think this makes 4 or 5 Islanders on this site. I know your just dying to test it off-road 'cough' at Rausch Creek 'cough' with your fellow Steel Soldiers :) Please don't let it sit in the garage for eternity :cry: Let me know If I can be of any assistance. See you around.

P.S. I just found out that they won't give beach permits to vehicles with tires that are bigger than 34-35" for any of the local parks & beaches. That hasn't stopped me :D

hummer4x4guy

Nice humvee (insert your name here)???
I am going to guess you have a set of mirrors either ready to install or ya going to get some off ebay?
Feel free to contact me with problems and questions I have had my m998 for bout 6 years now and almost not a bolt or part I havent touched replaced or seen.
BTW how is your frame? did ya check it for cracks?
Joel

TedG

Welcome "HMMWV",

Nice truck and enjoy it by driving it often! There are a lot of good informative people on this board.

Regards,

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to have a HMMWV! Nice truck. Gotta change your avitar though, i'll confuse you with ACE!

FrankUSMC

In one of the GL auctions I won, there was some NOS mirrow brackets stuff and some kind of finder brace?....if any of you hummers guys want them, $25 plus shipping from NC.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks