• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check your toe in

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got around to checking the front toe in on mine. The passenger side tire was worn quite a bit from the center line outwards. I finally checked it and the toe in was over an inch! I adjusted it to be a little over 1/8", so hopefully the tires will wear better. I would recommend you check yours.

This graphic helps explain the procedure in case you are not familiar with doing it. You put a piece of masking tape on the front tires, close to the center of the tire. I use a ballpoint pen to draw a "T" on the tape, making a nice thin line. Use a tape measure and measure the distance between the two T's. I measure at the intersection of the two lines forming the T, so you can line the tape measure up the same each time. I also measure starting from the 1" mark on the tape measure, since there is a lot of play in the metal piece on the end of the tape. Once you have this measurement, roll the truck backwards until the same tape marks are at the rear now, 180 degrees from where they were. Measure again. The measurement at the rear should be slightly more than at the front.

I got this procedure from one of the guys at Offroad Design
alignment.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks