• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00-16 Tubes and flaps

amanco

Ok, got a couple of questions here. I have already found out getting 11.0-16 tubes is no easy task. What are the codes for valve types? IE, what is a TR15CW valve? What is the code for the steel valve that I want? Maybe a TR75A? I just want to do it right the first time. Any one got a source for 11.00-16 radial tubes and flaps with long stem steel valves?

The old bias 9.00-16 tubes and flaps seen to be in real good condition. Is there also a radial flap or can I use my old ones?

Attachments

amanco

Ok, got new 11.00-16 tubes for split rims form Int'l Tire & Tube. http://www.innertubes.net/catalog/ (Thanks Gimp) Their part number for this 11.00-16 radial tube with steel valve stem is 11425 and at a cost of $22.82 ea. The only catch is that the valve stem is a little longer than what is required with this tire (5" vs 3.385") but I told him I would just use a tube bender to bend it up a bit out of the way. Where else you going to find this tube? The fellow said the real world application of this tube is for a low boy trailer tire.
Ok, I am sand blasting my rims today followed by a coat of red oxide primer. Now, do I go with 24087 or just flat black? Alot of you m35 owners seen to prefer the black and say it looks better. I can go either way, what do you think?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you go the "cut off and re-thread" route, make sure you bend the tubes BEFORE you do the threading.

amanco

I think I am going to do the 24087. I will do this after mounting though due to chip hazards of install. I can just lay the tire flat and paint. I will do the inside of the rim prior to install, but outside after. Can't wait to get it done!

citizensoldier

Very nice job.. That is one fine looking M37 now.. She is gleeming from the love you have given her. Come on up to the GLMVPA/MMMT trail ride in Sept! Hell what you doing this weekend? Come on up to Hillman its not that far..
You have done allot to that truck and it looks very nice.. Keep up the good work.

fullsizeXJ

hey guys just wondering where did you come to get those tires ive been looking everywhere for em and cant seem to find em :?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks