• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Bar Pick-Up at GL

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I was in Kansas anyway(interview) I stopped by Ft. Riley to make sure GL was not going to list me as abandoning my four auction wins there, as I wait on my EUC to clean on my M105A2. He told me since I was waiting on the EUC he would mark everything as such, so no problem. I had a look at the trailer it is in the best shape I have ever seen one in, with a near mint vinyl top. I was due for this trailer considering the last one I got from GL was simi-destroyed by the time I was able to pick it up. Anyway I also picked up the towbar and battilion maint. boxes. The towbar is in unused condition but stripped so if anyone has pins for sale, I need two of everthing. The two boxes were pretty full of all kinds of tools, most familiar, some I have no clue on function, I am posting a couple of shots below. There was a slave cable, several socket sets including a 3/4 in set, several oil cans, towbar chain clamps, wiring harrness repair kit, several striking tools including a really odd looking ax, a couple of torque wrenches, an assortment of hand tools, an assortment of sheet metal sockets, some 6 in. across and one tool call a Gas Boy I would like to have some info. on if anyone knows what it is. It was a good trip, always good when you leave GL with the rear tires rubbing!!!!
James G.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice looking 105.

ah1955

Tow Bar Pick-up at GL

Real nice haul there by your pic. there looks like a good bit of stuff that will come in handy.
The GasBoy looks like one that would go right in a 55gal. drum, have used them for oil and ant freeze that we got in bulk by the drum, not real sure if there are different ones for each use or if one will pump and liquid hevey or light, yours looks like the one that has a return spout on so when you are done no dropping on top of drum.
Also had a GasBoy pump that was on it's own tank that we used to pump out gas tanks when they needed to be removed for sending units then just pump the gas back in when done,worked very nice

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Tow Bar Pick-up at GL

Great packing job in your car! When you have a small car and are in the surplus hobby, you learn to use EVERY cubic inch of space in your vehicle for storage....

acetomatoco

RE: Tow Bar Pick-up at GL

Reminds me of the days when I used to buy batch lots at the Brunswick, Maine, Naval Air Station and trundle my wqay down the Maine Turnpike with the rear end of my Crown Vickie dragging...even with air shocks...deuce trannys in the back seat and everything from O rings to BDUs in the trunk...

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man Has to Know the Limits of his Equipment

Well I left three light sets and a 800lb. tent for next trip, Honda Wagon has it limits! Speaking of the tent, from the looks of it, it has never been out of the bags, the nsn is below, it is white from what I can tell, anyone have any idea what it was for??? $100 I couldn't pass it up.
James G.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Man Has to Know the Limits of his Equipment

Man, I've been wanting one of the Gallagher mallets. Too cool!

Armada

$100?!?!?!?! You STOLE that tent! Yeah, Rizzo and I got ours at the same time. The tag on them said the government paid over $7K each. Hopefully you have all of the pieces to it. Johnson Outdoors supplies them, but parts are exspensive. Nice score! They 18'x36'.

Attachments

Swede

Thats an awesome tent!!!!!! :D Now does that have the hole in it for the stove??? Do you have any inside pictures??

Armada

There should be 3 sections of vinyl: 2 ends and a center section.
10 side poles.
2 adjustable height end poles.
3 'Y' poles that support the center of the tent.
A dozen or so BIG wooden stakes.

There are 2 stove flaps in the roof and places in the ends for forced air heaters and wiring, etc. They make a foyer that attaches to the door opening too. You can make the tent as long as you want by adding center sections and 'Y' poles.

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tent

There is one big bundle of canvas there, I think this may only be one section of tent with end curtins. Where you look like you have three sections of tent?
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks