• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mb cj 2 body on cj-5 frame ?? Possible save of some old iron??

61sleepercab

I have found a fellow who has some rough CJ 2 and CJ 5 bodies with bad frames. Never saw a MB with front spring hangers about the height of the headlights in the grill. He has a couple of CJ-5 running gears with no bodies.

Can a MB body be put on a CJ-5 with steering brought out to CJ-5 location? This is a low budget save if it can done. I know this is not a original rebuild but might make a "Rat Patrol" look a like.

dependable

Off the top of my head, if CJ-5 frame is 1969 or older, it should not be too hard. The motor,(L head & F head aside) tranny, and a lot of other parts were the same from 1946 until then.

quickfarms

The MB tub can be placed on a early CJ5 frame. The frame in the back has to be clipped or it stick out past the body. You have to change the air cleaner to clear the hood. The rear wheel wells can be trimmed to hide the extra inch or the axle perches and ubolt plates can be redrilled to shorten the wheel base. The holes in the floor need a little work and you will probably need to fabricate new body mounts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks