• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New style GP relay

southdave

It a glow plug relay/controller..I have a few cucv coming out of gl with installed. just wandering if anyone on this did the conversion yet and how it worked out.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen people upgrade the early Chevy civvy trucks to the new style relay/controller. K9Vic did it to his M1007 Suburban.

I have not seen a CUCV upgraded.

I am sure you could rewire it to work but why? With Antennaclimbers $85 new controller, it is cheaper than buying a late model relay and all the associated wire and connectors to make it work.

Now if you are starting from scratch or replacing hacked up wiring it may be worth it.

southdave

I have seen people upgrade the early Chevy civvy trucks to the new style relay/controller. K9Vic did it to his M1007 Suburban.

I have not seen a CUCV upgraded.

I am sure you could rewire it to work but why? With Antennaclimbers $85 new controller, it is cheaper than buying a late model relay and all the associated wire and connectors to make it work.

Now if you are starting from scratch or replacing hacked up wiring it may be worth it.
Exactly I have 1028 from a fire dept. 12v converted dual alt , wired for pumps lights ect.. the card is fryed. smoked two starter after an engine swap.. need to simplfy thing.. the starter relay was bypassed, hoping that was the issue the whole thing is 50-60 bucks for gp controller relay thing and 30 bucks for harness, it a mess of crap complete romex wiring harness to st-85 thingy off the ground side with a switch???

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll dig out the wiring diagram for that relay and see how to make it work.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, works every time. Haven't touched the system since the day I got it. Granted it's never left the yard, it does get used to slave stuff off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks