• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OH MAN am I in over my head....

bterwilliger

I have been looking at the M35's on GL for many years. I have been registered and bid a couple of times, but things always ended up 2x what I was willing to pay.

Well, today that changed. I won a 67 Jeep M35A2 with a winch and hardtop on a lowball bid that no one challenged. I have NO CLUE what to do next/first or last. I am excited, but I really need any links to similar stories you guys can provide.

BTW, the duece is running, but brakes are 'non-operational' and it is located in Vermont (Colchester). Please offer any help you can with the process if there are no good summary links. Stupid me... :shock:

It seems the process is like this:
Fill out EUC
Get it picked up/pick it up within 14 days of the auction close
Get SF97 docs filled out
Apply for title in VT (where I live)
...???

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. Auction ends.
2. Get charged, then charged 10%, then charged tax.
3. Fill out EUC.
4. Wait 2-3 months for first time filler-outers.
5. Fill out SF97 paperwork when EUC approved.
6. Pickup deuce within 14 days of EUC approval.
7. Drive home and begin fight with VT DMV.

Welcome to the addiction! This website is a weealth of info for your new ride. Don't feel nervous, you're among friends and we'd be happy to help.

poppop

The adventure has begun!!! Theres no stopping now. It will be fun, even if complicated at times. When you succeed and drive that truck down the road you can say wow!!!! I did this and its a great truck. Then you have to have anotherone.

bterwilliger

What happens if the EUC does not get approved? Does this ever happen? More info on the payment timeline would be appreciated (pre-EUC/post-EUC).

Oh, and should I just assume it will have to be trailered home?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Congratulations on your new toy! I hope it turns out to be a good deal, and that the brakes turn out to need a simple fix. I've had a few deuces with bad brakes that just needed master cylinder rebuilds to get working. It's not a very hard thing to do, with a rebuild kit from Memphis Equipment and a brake cylinder hone from the local auto parts store. Bleeding out the brakes is just like on any other vehicle, except there are 50% more brakes to bleed.

Some folks like to fix up truck on the spot and drive them home; others (like me) prefer to tow the truck home and fix/inspect it at their leisure. How far do you need to move it? A towing company that deals in commercial truck towing could either drag it with a commercial wrecker (if the rear wheels and bearings are in good shape), or trailer it on a Landoll trailer or something similar (that is, a tilting flatbed semitrailer with a dragline winch, so the truck doesn't need to be working for loading or unloading).

Since you're new here, you might not yet realize that we're going to hound you relentlessly until you post some pictures of your new truck! ;)

And BTW, welcome to the board, and welcome to deuce ownership!

acetomatoco

RE: truck

I am in Vt. there is no GL Rep at Camp Johnson. He is at Portsmouth NH, 4 hours away. You, the buyer, must go back and read all the info that GL has you agree to before you bid... you know, the terms and conditions.. You gotta get that EUC in quick...sales tax here is 6 Percent... You will have no problem with VT DMV. They are all nice folks. Charlebois towing from Burlington has a lot of experience there.. the price you paid...and you said "lowball" was twice my bid. This truck was one of three sold there a few months back and was a relisting because of non performance of the original bidder... Were you at the Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club show at Norwich University last weekend? We had 6 deuces there..and about a hundred man years of experience with these trucks all in one place.. Your bid with 10 percent buyer's premium, 60$ SF97, sales tax of $150 or so is now over $3000. Figure towing at about $100 an hour for a Landoll style or a little less for the hook.. Welcome to the Deuce world..

Jones

Before going to pick up your new baby, go to the stickys at the top of the deuce section of the forum. There's a good post on what you should bring along, and check out, when the big day comes.

bterwilliger

Ok, more news - since the truck is a 1967, it shouldn't need a title in the great state of VT. Anyone else know about this? A bill of sale will get you registered and is enough to sell out of state.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks