• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Troop Seats

Shilohranchsecurity

My brother recently purchased a M101A1 trailer to pull with his M715. In the trailer box there were some extra parts, which through research on Steel Soldiers I found to be the troop seats and the canopy hoops for a M880. It appears that all of the parts are there for the troop seats but the wood is not in very good shape. The hoops were in very poor shape and my brother pitched them by. Also found some of the metal strips for attaching the canopy. It appears that there are six strips and they are for the front and both sides. Does anybody have any interest in these parts?
Thanks
Fred

McGuyver

I still need one of the rails that mounts along the front of the bed(driver side front), and the one that mounts on the tail gate.

acetomatoco

There were some bits for that assy at the Weare Show this past weekend... to wit, the clamps that held the side racks to the cargo body...

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M880 Troop Seats

McGuyver said:
I still need one of the rails that mounts along the front of the bed(driver side front), and the one that mounts on the tail gate.
No extras on those parts...........but..............I do have a box of the nuts / inserts that go on the tailgate for the "cargo cover retainer bar" (don't know real name) to attach to.
Far better than drilling holes all the through the tailgate!

McGuyver

RE: Re: RE: M880 Troop Seats

hey that would be real handy to have some extras for. I've got one missing on the front bed rail. Would you be willing to part with a few, and if so, for how much? Thanks. :)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M880 Troop Seats

http://www.tpub.com/content/trucks1.25ton/TM-9-2320-266-24P/TM-9-2320-266-24P0318.htm
The fasteners I have are item #23, used in attaching item #26 to the taigate. as shown in the link.
I'll figure out how many extras I have today.

Edit:
I took the rails off an M882 today and there were 4 of these fasteners in the front bed rail.
1st truck I've seen them in, the front rail was brazed on, as the holes did not line up
I do have extras, How many ya need?

McGuyver

Sorry I took so long to reply, I haven't been on the forum for over a week.

Technically I'm only missing one, but it may be nice to have a few extra in case I have to replace any of them if I strip or otherwise damage any of them. How about three or four?

McGuyver

Hi Bob,

I got those nut/fasteners from you in the mail yesterday. Thank you very much. I need to pay you for them now. I'll contact you by email on the details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks